DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s 3-Part Series (UAV Chases UAV, Multiple Crashes Followed by Successful Flight at Edgewood Preserve) | Project Arjun

projectarjun

Reactions
It took three separate days to generate a successful flight. I met an avid UAV enthusiast, Eugene - quite familiar with putting together his own UAVs, a truly passionate person when it comes to flying RC aircraft.

We met up at Edgewood Nature Preserve where on Day 1, he crashed his RC plane which sustained moderate damage.

On Day 2, we met at Stillwell Nature Preserve where he crashed his Tricopter into a tree.

On Day 3, he crashed his Tricopter again, this time to the ground which suffered moderate damage. Coincidentally, shortly after his crash, my Mini 3 Pro crashed mildly with no signs of damage whatsoever (with propellers being an exception). I resorted to my Air 2S to film the remaining part of the day. Later that day, Eugene revealed his fully repaired RC plane, but managed to crash it again on landing approach (fortunately his RC plane did not sustain any damage this time around). He swapped batteries and he took off again; this time I pivoted my Air 2S on his RC plane's tail and managed to record a successful flight (from taking off to landing).

The first video showcases the crashes, whereas the second video encompasses a vivid flight with shadows of his RC plane casting over the field below. The third video wraps up this series with a successful flight (containing both departure and landing sequences) where I get very close to his tail for a good amount of time.

I definitely broke my personal record for continuous flight recording in the second and third videos (2-3 mins).

I hope you all enjoy this series; the takeaway message in these videos is: "Never give up, keep flying." - Arjun

Filmed on Mini 3 Pro and Air 2S

STRENGTH AND COURAGE | Project Arjun​

Filming Locations: Edgewood Oak Brush Plains Preserve, Deer Park, Suffolk County and Stillwell Woods Preserve, Nassau County, New York, United States Track Title: Falling (2023) Artist: Spark030 Colorize / Enhanced Music Filming Dates: Saturday, June 17, 2023 | Sunday, June 25, 2023 | Monday, June 26, 2023 Special Thanks to Eugene TO BE CONTINUED | Project Arjun | FAA Part 107 Certified Follow Me on Instagram @ project_arjun

DANCING SHADOWS | Project Arjun​

Filming Locations: Edgewood Oak Brush Plains Preserve, Deer Park, Suffolk County, New York, United States Track Title: Dancing Shadows (2021) Artist: Kaiyan Colorize / Enhanced Music Filming Dates: Monday, June 26, 2023 TO BE CONTINUED | Project Arjun | FAA Part 107 Certified Follow Me on Instagram @ project_arjun

SUCCESS BEGINS WITH BELIEVING YOU CAN | Project Arjun​

Filming Locations: Edgewood Oak Brush Plains Preserve, Deer Park, Suffolk County, New York, United StatesTrack Title: Frangipani (2022)Artist: KaiyanColorize / Enhanced MusicFilming Dates: Monday, June 26, 2023 TO BE CONTINUED | Project Arjun | FAA Part 107 CertifiedFollow Me on Instagram @ project_arjun

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

• Love
Reactions: projectarjun
That was so enjoyable to watch with a bit of humor thrown in. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for your feedback, I greatly appreciate it :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weblloyd