DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

360 Panorama issue

Gusnyc

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

I am a new Mavic Air pilot. I've been trying the different modes. When I try the 360 Panorama photo, the resulting image has its top third blurry. Is this normal?

I read somewhere that it happens because the Mavic Air cannot shoot upwards, but chatting with two DJI customer service representatives, one said it was normal, the other one said it was not (I am not super confident with their support so far).

Can anybody confirm that this is normal behavior for the Mavic Air? I posted in the camera section but I haven't had any responses. Please check the image attached that explains what is the issue.

Thank you very much for your help.

Gus

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 4.58.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 4.58.54 PM.png
    9.1 MB · Views: 63
DJI support told you that was normal?

Yes they did.

I had two chats with DJI. The first chat said it was normal, the second one said it was not.

I am really confused. When I look at some 360 panoramas in Skypixel.com I see more or less the same thing, like in these samples (look up)

The world's biggest drone photo and video sharing platform | SkyPixel.com

or here:

The world's biggest drone photo and video sharing platform | SkyPixel.com

Since I am new to drones, I am not really sure if I should return this drone or not.

Thank you for help.

Gus

The camera can only point up to like 30 degrees or something, so it can't do straight up shots obviously. The top third is artificially generated.

The camera can only point up to like 30 degrees or something, so it can't do straight up shots obviously. The top third is artificially generated.

You are right, I can be 100% sure now that the panorama with the blurred top is the way it should be. It took a lot of back and forth with DJI but it is normal behavior for the Mavic Air.

I agree, they should definitivly give the option to take the full 360 and allow the user to edit it out in Affinity Photo or the like.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer