DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

360 Photo stuck and need help

redserv

Reactions
Heya Guys I am trying to simply create a 360 photo to start sharing them on FB. I use the Mavic 3 OG to capture the photos- put them in Luminar Neo to stitch and then export as a Jpeg. The problem i have is that the final 360 photo comes out cylindrical the horizon is curved and I am not sure how to fix it. I just can rap my head around this. Can you guys help me with this? I have attached a 360 test photo that was stitched with LN

Attachments

• Test 360.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 53
Doesn't Luminar Neo provide a Spirical output?

It should be an equirectangular projection. I wonder if part of the problem is that the drone can't capture a zenith image, and the stitching software is cropping automatically. I use PTGUI Pro and always specify full spherical (360° x 180°).

If Luminar can't do that then you may need other software.

The image you uploaded is missing the zenith. The horizon should be dead centre, and it's not.

Reactions: redserv
It should be an equirectangular projection. I wonder if part of the problem is that the drone can't capture a zenith image, and the stitching software is cropping automatically. I use PTGUI Pro and always specify full spherical (360° x 180°).

If Luminar can't do that then you may need other software.

The image you uploaded is missing the zenith. The horizon should be dead centre, and it's not.
Now this makes perfect sense and I think you are probably right. Before posting the photo of fb I use Exfix website to fix metadata and it always defaults on a cylindrical. It will never allow me to do equirectangular. With that said I will really like some recommendations to software I can use. PTGUI looks really good but the price is just too much ATM. I also don't want a subscription based software. I will appreciate your feedback. Thanks so much for helping. I was starting to get frustrated

Now this makes perfect sense and I think you are probably right. Before posting the photo of fb I use Exfix website to fix metadata and it always defaults on a cylindrical. It will never allow me to do equirectangular. With that said I will really like some recommendations to software I can use. PTGUI looks really good but the price is just too much ATM. I also don't want a subscription based software. I will appreciate your feedback. Thanks so much for helping. I was starting to get frustrated
What you have is an equirectangular projection, but with the top part cropped. If you change the canvas to a 2:1 ratio (extendiung the top of the image) and fill in the 'missing' top with something (so the horizon is dead centre)it should work, but the sky will have a strange disk hovering in it.

PTGUI is expensive, but very good. I'm using an old version that still works perfectly. (Newer version have features I'd like, but not worth the money to me.)

Check out Panovolo, as suggested above. You can download a trial version and see what it does, then decide if the $30 is worth it to you. I was considering getting it, but my computer is too old to run it.

Heya Guys I am trying to simply create a 360 photo to start sharing them on FB. I use the Mavic 3 OG to capture the photos- put them in Luminar Neo to stitch and then export as a Jpeg. The problem i have is that the final 360 photo comes out cylindrical the horizon is curved and I am not sure how to fix it. I just can rap my head around this. Can you guys help me with this? I have attached a 360 test photo that was stitched with LN
Not sure if this is helpful or not. I uploaded it to Kuula and this is what it looks like:

What were you trying to get? I'm new at 360 photos so not really sure what the end result you are looking for is.

What you have is an equirectangular projection, but with the top part cropped. If you change the canvas to a 2:1 ratio (extendiung the top of the image) and fill in the 'missing' top with something (so the horizon is dead centre)it should work, but the sky will have a strange disk hovering in it.

PTGUI is expensive, but very good. I'm using an old version that still works perfectly. (Newer version have features I'd like, but not worth the money to me.)

Check out Panovolo, as suggested above. You can download a trial version and see what it does, then decide if the $30 is worth it to you. I was considering getting it, but my computer is too old to run it.

Not sure if this is helpful or not. I uploaded it to Kuula and this is what it looks like:

What were you trying to get? I'm new at 360 photos so not really sure what the end result you are looking for is.
Hey man thanks for uploading it. I am basically looking for software that will give a decent stitch and maybe fill the sky line so when I upload to Facebook the final product look some what like what you uploaded to Kuula

You need to use an appropriate viewer software to see the image. Try Pangazer. It's a free download offered by a member of this forum.

Thanks for your advice man. Should I be looking for software that will do an auto sky fill??

Can you use my uploaded 360 image as a test and show me what it looks like after using Panovolo? Does it fill the sky automatically?
Panovolo takes the individual photos and stitched them into a panorama (doing a better job than the drone does). You'll need to make those individual files available.

Or you could download it and try yourself, which I suggest you do. My Mini 3 Pro manages to cover most of the sky, so there's only a narrow strip at the zenith that I need to fill in by hand. I use Affinity Photo for that because it lets me edit spherical images and the inpainting tool works well on skies.

Here is your image resized 2:1 using GIMP with blank zenith.
View attachment Test 360 Resized.jpg
However there is not a full 360 degree coverage; hence the fold near the penalty area. 1708522833750.pngOtherwise it projects as a full pano in RICOH THETA.
I would use SkyFill to add the missing sky to your image. (I have not done so here.)
1708523030055.png

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne