DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3d printed Mini Strobe Brackets

mattcaz

Reactions
Site
store.dryheatembroidery.com
I had these mini strobes (not the 3 mile kind for night flights) and was bored so I fired up my design software and created the file for these brackets that slip on to the front of the arms and the lights can attach on the bottom. You can get red and green mini lights. Easy to install and easy to remove.
I uploaded the file to thingiverse if you have a 3d printer and wanted to make some. the file is here: DJI Mini 2 Tiny Strobe Arm Mount by mattcaz

Interesting. My son keeps asking for a 3D printer. I know nothing about them. Any input for a printer under $200?
Spend a little bit more and get the Creality Ender 3 v2 as a entry part.
Out of the box they just work! Don't complicate it.
Later, 'for really for long term durability & added versatility' buy the blue bowden tube, yellow springs and all metal extruder kit for about $60 after you really get into the hobby. 3D printing is super easy, cheap and there are many, many premade files to print for just about any need or hobby. My printer EASILY paid for itself just knocking plastic parts off my Amazon wish list that cost $10-60 bucks there and .20-.50 cents to print good durable alternates in colors even.
You love the drone hobby but you will feel the same about 3D printing.
You can find em on Amazon, cheaper at Aliexpress but I just got mine at Microcenter about $257.00 around January.

Printed this set for my sister she found the same that retailed for $80.
She spent $19 for the bronze metallic PLA spool and there's 3/4's left for more fun stuff. See Labyrinth movie door knockers. Don't even ask how well this worked for my pew pew hobby and there are many Drone things to print too.
signal-2021-05-11-003717.jpeg

Good job on the strobe brackets, I’ve saved them in my Thingiverse collection ?

I setup my Anet ET5X this weekend and have printed off some MM prop holders and remote stick guards for my MP. It was fascinating watching it print across gaps. Definitely a fun rabbit hole to travel down. I’ve no experience with CAD and found some quick FreeCad tutorials to get me started. It’s been fun creating basic shapes. I can see I’ll be going through a lot of batteries in my vernier caliper measuring up stuff to build. I did get some flack from the CFO but the first print off the bed was for her and now she’s asking if I can print all kinds of things ?

The Ender 3 was the one he mentioned. Looks very cool. How long does a spool last if I am planning on printing things for my Mini 2? Just small stuff. As long as it is set up correctly, is there any learning curve?

Reactions: Jsaint
The Ender 3 was the one he mentioned. Looks very cool. How long does a spool last if I am planning on printing things for my Mini 2? Just small stuff. As long as it is set up correctly, is there any learning curve?
Be sure it's the "Ender 3 v2" though, the oher models are not as good and it will be like buying the printer that's most popular and easyist to find support on. If your a "I gotta have the best rather than the majority sweetheart Prussa makes a more refined machine you may ever really need for around $700.

I doubt you will even use a third of a spool printing all you find on the drone topic. I suggest you stay in PLA filiments for now and if you need proven durability also suggest your second spool is whatever color in e-Sun PLA plus or pro, same thing. PLA is easy to print for the Ender 3 v2 out of box and you may find it's the only plastic you use due to reliable printing.

As for learning curve, you could be printing sucessfull in a hour from openbox to example on the included SD card. You will get a bit of white P)LA in box to test it out. I would just buy one more spool in that first order for now if your new. It will last you some time to start printing what you like.

Last edited:
Interesting. My son keeps asking for a 3D printer. I know nothing about them. Any input for a printer under $200?
There are several brands that have good reps and some that are pretty inexpensive. Mine was $400 but can do prints about 1 foot in size. Check on amazon and check the reviews. Mine is 4 yrs old so tech has changed alot.

Spend a little bit more and get the Creality Ender 3 v2 as a entry part.
Out of the box they just work! Don't complicate it.
Later, 'for really for long term durability & added versatility' buy the blue bowden tube, yellow springs and all metal extruder kit for about $60 after you really get into the hobby. 3D printing is super easy, cheap and there are many, many premade files to print for just about any need or hobby. My printer EASILY paid for itself just knocking plastic parts off my Amazon wish list that cost $10-60 bucks there and .20-.50 cents to print good durable alternates in colors even.
You love the drone hobby but you will feel the same about 3D printing.
You can find em on Amazon, cheaper at Aliexpress but I just got mine at Microcenter about $257.00 around January.

Printed this set for my sister she found the same that retailed for $80.
She spent $19 for the bronze metallic PLA spool and there's 3/4's left for more fun stuff. See Labyrinth movie door knockers. Don't even ask how well this worked for my pew pew hobby and there are many Drone things to print too.
View attachment 128963
Creality Ender 3 v2 has a great rep. Mine is a Tevo Tornado and it has been very reliable.

I had these mini strobes (not the 3 mile kind for night flights) and was bored so I fired up my design software and created the file for these brackets that slip on to the front of the arms and the lights can attach on the bottom. You can get red and green mini lights. Easy to install and easy to remove.
I uploaded the file to thingiverse if you have a 3d printer and wanted to make some. the file is here: DJI Mini 2 Tiny Strobe Arm Mount by mattcaz
10lb rated velcro works better and is less expensive.

Reactions: mattcaz
But it looks so bad when you take the lights off and the glue is hard on skins.
You oughta see my drones. They are covered in the stuff. Almost looks like a second skin. Lets me put all sorts of stuff on the drone. But the 3d printed holders are a great idea. Good work.

Reactions: mattcaz
10lb rated velcro works better and is less expensive.
I disagree which is why I took the time to do the CAD 3d work on these. As previously stated, having the velcro sitting around on the drone when the lights are being used just doesn't make sense to me.. but hey, it you're happy with velcro, then I'm happy for you! Besides, 3M Dual Lock is better and is transparent. I use it for my strobes.

Reactions: JamieK and Jsaint
There are several brands that have good reps and some that are pretty inexpensive. Mine was $400 but can do prints about 1 foot in size. Check on amazon and check the reviews. Mine is 4 yrs old so tech has changed alot.
Yeah, bigger build plate is nice as the ender is limited to about 9" however there is a add on 3rd party called the ender extender that gets you around 16" at 3 axis for like $157. later if you need build space while saving you I think like $400 from starting with a bigger Creality model. As so far the only item I needed to make bigger was no issue because it was made in two parts and struturally sound bonded with good old superglue after. PLA likes super glue bonds. Ender Extender - Extension kits for your favorite 3D Printer!

Hi Matt

Which strobes did you use?

Good job on the strobe brackets, I’ve saved them in my Thingiverse collection ?

I setup my Anet ET5X this weekend and have printed off some MM prop holders and remote stick guards for my MP. It was fascinating watching it print across gaps. Definitely a fun rabbit hole to travel down. I’ve no experience with CAD and found some quick FreeCad tutorials to get me started. It’s been fun creating basic shapes. I can see I’ll be going through a lot of batteries in my vernier caliper measuring up stuff to build. I did get some flack from the CFO but the first print off the bed was for her and now she’s asking if I can print all kinds of things ?
I'm looking for a set of strobe brackets for the air 2s. I have another set of strobes coming from Firehouse.

I'm looking for a set of strobe brackets for the air 2s. I have another set of strobes coming from Firehouse.
Depending on your 3d Printer software, you may be able to change x and y axis % to make these brackets big enough to fit the Air 2s. I haven't tried on that or my Air 2.

Really considering purchasing a 3D printer, now that I see what all can be done.

Really considering purchasing a 3D printer, now that I see what all can be done.
I have a Gold Tevo Tornado and I've absolutely no issues with it.. Ender is another very good brand.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty