DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3rd day of ownership, broke my gimble

It just occurred to me. I probably should've just used the USB to MP battery adapter and charged my tablet from the battery! Sonofa... o_O

Reactions: Flycaster
Why? Can you point out in the warranty where what you mention negates the warranty?
Yes, I'm curious about this, too. And besides, it won't prevent me from attempting to use refresh if I have to. Chances are things will be much worse in that case and I'm assuming the ribbon will be unidentifiable at that point ;). I guess I'll just see what the outcome is when the time comes.
DJI makes it clear that opening the Mavic will void the warranty. Pretty much standard for any consumer device that opening it will void its warranty. The fill 2 screws on the body with a seal that indicates if it's been opened or not. Once removed, it can't be replaced like it was originally. It will eventually deform.

DJI makes it clear that opening the Mavic will void the warranty. Pretty much standard for any consumer device that opening it will void its warranty. The fill 2 screws on the body with a seal that indicates if it's been opened or not. Once removed, it can't be replaced like it was originally. It will eventually deform.
Thanks. I suspect though that if I must send it in for Refresh, it'll be FUBAR anyway and those indicators will be gone. ;)

Reactions: Cyberpower678
I disagree, the worst thing you can do is light it on fire! :D However I was running it down because I knew I wouldn't use it for a month, the battery was at 80% still and it was too late to fly. I've run electric RC cars since the '80s to current, I wasn't trying to deplete it "all the way down," and don't recall saying that.
I believe that after 10 Days of inactivity, the MP batteries discharge themselves to the correct storage voltage. So there is no need to drain them down like this. Also, they are intelligent batteries, so 0% is not the battery completely dead, that's just the lowest the battery will let you go.

Reactions: Chirp
I disagree, the worst thing you can do is light it on fire! :D However I was running it down because I knew I wouldn't use it for a month, the battery was at 80% still and it was too late to fly. I've run electric RC cars since the '80s to current, I wasn't trying to deplete it "all the way down," and don't recall saying that.

The Mavic batteries will auto-discharge after a set time of inactivity.

Reactions: GovGeek
I believe that after 10 Days of inactivity, the MP batteries discharge themselves to the correct storage voltage. So there is no need to drain them down like this. Also, they are intelligent batteries, so 0% is not the battery completely dead, that's just the lowest the battery will let you go.

Thanks for this. I was wondering why my batteries were so low when I had left them fully charged about 10 days prior. Learned that all the batteries were low when I was in the field. Kinda ruined that day's flying. My bad.

Great job on the repair. I'll run the batteries down by letting it sit idle without props (takes forever). The fan will start up drawing more power.

Another method is to find an area and just let it hover until the battery is less than half.

Reactions: GovGeek
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin