DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3rd party Apps?

RyanB286

Reactions
Is anyone using a 3rd party App instead of dji go on a regular basis with no issues on a galaxy S8? If so which app?

Also, if I wanted to plan an intricate flight through a narrower passage with moderate hazards, what would be the best method?

Reactions: FAWC
I use Litchi all the time now as it is very stable. I haven't had it crash a single time, but Go4 crashes everytime I fly. I am not on a Galaxy but I am on the latest Android running on a Motorola.

Reactions: RyanB286
Lichti is a great app for flying preplanned waypoint missions and if you loose signal in that intricate area that you speak of the Mavic Pro will continue right on with the mission.

Something to consider.

Litchi for DJI Mavic / Phantom / Inspire / Spark
I downloaded a few to try. Litchi was one, dronedeploy another, and of course the home "favorite", GO. Had some gnarly connection issues with all three (and yes I'm aware they cant be running processes at the same time) but was able to trace it to USB debugging. Still not perfect but tons better than it was. Thanks for the input!

What did yo trace in usb debugging? Please explain?
I had a lot of connection issues. GO 4 kept disconnecting/reconnecting. I came to find out that if you don't enable USB debugging in your developer options (ANDROID), this may be an issue. Since enabling debugging, I haven't had an issue once.

I had a lot of connection issues. GO 4 kept disconnecting/reconnecting. I came to find out that if you don't enable USB debugging in your developer options (ANDROID), this may be an issue. Since enabling debugging, I haven't had an issue once.
Developer options have to be enabled first, if you're unaware. To so so go to SETTINGS/ABOUT PHONE and click on model number 10 times. That enables developer options at the very bottom of your settings list. From there you can enable USB debugging and at least for me it's completely solved my connection issue, regardless what port i use on my RC.

Good to know, no issues on my Galaxy S8+. But if I ever have a disconnect I’ll be sure to enable debugging on my usb . Thanks. Found it quickly and for me it’s just a slide of a button to enable . :)

Is anyone using a 3rd party App instead of dji go on a regular basis with no issues on a galaxy S8? If so which app?

Also, if I wanted to plan an intricate flight through a narrower passage with moderate hazards, what would be the best method?
Since there is variances in GPS positioning, it may not be wise to rely on it for precision flying in narrow straits without operator intervention, the AC may run into an obstacle.

Good point. It would be a good idea to fly the route manually first if possible to make sure that the GPS does not drop out. I know this is not feasible in all situations.

Good to know, no issues on my Galaxy S8+. But if I ever have a disconnect I’ll be sure to enable debugging on my usb . Thanks. Found it quickly and for me it’s just a slide of a button to enable . :)
Must be slight differences other than the screen between the S8 and Plus? I run an S8 but still had to enable developer options to see debugging...

Good point. It would be a good idea to fly the route manually first if possible to make sure that the GPS does not drop out. I know this is not feasible in all situations.
I try to do that as a practise anyway. In wide open areas or when I'm at height I don't worry but if there are drops in elevation below grade or lots of obstacles, I run manually before trying any automation.

Must be slight differences other than the screen between the S8 and Plus? I run an S8 but still had to enable developer options to see debugging...
I did tap on model number 10 times while I was reading all this on my iPad mini4 while tinkering with my S8+ so maybe it did open up options that weren't there until then. Not sure. I didnt look first . But very good to know if have disconnects I hit debugging 1st thing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beluga