DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3rd Party Attachments

Nyktos

Reactions
Are there any aftermarket 3rd party attachments available for the Mavic 2 platform?

Specifically , I am looking for IR laser and an IR spot light. I hunt predators and nuisance animals at night while wearing NODs and would like the ability to provide illumination from above or be able to point out possible targets to other teammates.

Hello from the Crossroads of America Nyktos.

I hunt predators and nuisance animals at night

Check with your states law on the use of drones for hunting / spotting.

A lot of states don't allow the use of a drone during an active hunt.

I am looking for IR laser and an IR spot light.

I found this on eBay. It's not a light but a thermal camera.

You might try a tactical light for a pistol that could be attached somehow. 🤔

Good luck with your project and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Reactions: dirkclod
Yea its perfectly fine to do so where im at....in fact its encouraged. The handgun light would have the issue of being able to turn on/off while in flight though.

I may just experiment with the light attachment that comes with the Enterprise. I know theres special film and spray paint that only allows IR spectrum of light through. It wont be as good as a dedicated IR LED though....unless theres a way to replace the LEDs that are in the DJI attachment with IR capable ones.

Laser designators may be harder to come by....hell i cant even find a visible laser attachment for the drone.

Also.....Mine has the thermal camera. I just need to be able to light up critters with IR light once they have been spotted by the airborne thermal. We wear Nods (PVS14) on night hunts, but it be nice to have additional IR lighting them up.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser