DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Im Considering Selling my Mavic 3 PRO

Rockowe

Reactions
I was super excited when receiving my brand new M3P.

I had owned the Mavic PRO Platinum (MPP)... then the M2Zoom, and wow what awesome drones. Each had features that couldnt let me sell either.

The MPP was like a Bullet - and gave me huge access to Parameters that made it even Faster. It could go higher and quicker than any other consumer drone available. I could even Fly it in Huge gusts over a Stormy Sea - What a Machine !

The M2Zoom was a Game changer with real ZOOM capabilities that Actually Zoomed with Perfect Clarity. My style of Photography got honed with Zoom built into my output, creating usable footage from Far and near instantly. It was an unshakable style.
Soon My M2Z was my GoTo (sacrificing the MPP speed and Height). I could also adjust parameters althought much less so than the MPP.

What was awesome about both was the ability to STREAM LIVE to my computer or TV with WIFI from my Phone-... and YES it was Flyable like that and everyone could watch. The White Goggles also gave me so much of a Bigger View. Flying a low level Accurate LITCHI mission - and looking around as my drone safely meandered through trees and under bridges on the GolfCourse.
I soon realised that the Use with LITCHI and other third party apps really expanded my Droning. I had so many adventures with LITCHI, and even built my own software, to interpolate paths , and Reverse my Runs.

Having basic coding skills it was incredible seeing what drones could be capable of - No Restrictions, only possibilities. I even started coding with the expanding SDK on my path to 'Internet flying' with a drone carying a portable LTE router.

So three great years of two awesome drones... and... after huge Problems with Swelling Batteries on Both ... I eventually resigned them both - after a swollen Battery Popped out on MPP high flight and ... (I never finished the LTE Project - something similar to the 4G Dongle which only works in china)

I waited and waited for the latest ultimate drone that could do all of that and maybe more (hoping for longer air time, LTE control, Thermal, More versatile software) within a Fair budget.
But it didnt come... Each new DJI Release had an 'Awesome something' but less of something else- and not an ALL AWESOME :(

Then came the Mavic 3 PRO :)) - They Boasted Power, three great cameras, longer life batteries, more distance.
(and I expected the versatility I Previously had ...)

I had the previous knowledge that everything could be DO-ABLE on this BRAND NEW 'All you need in a Drone' release.

What could go wrong ? (I pulled the trigger and Purchased this at 2-3x expanded cost... and started getting excited again)

But I was wrong...

It seems that DJI either got greedy or Lazy or Both ....

For the BEST of the BEST consumer drone... I lost more versatility than ever. (I never thought I may be Downgrading)
----
Before (with the previous drones)
My Phone and Tablet were great when flying - They could easilly WIFI onto a big screen bringing the excitement of FLying to one and all LIVE - also I had an option of Multiple Programs to Fly with...

NOW -
- Replacement of the RC+Phone - was the DJI - RC (bundled)- with 'FLY' Program built in - with No option to connect a Phone as an alternative to accomodate third party apps (This was Easy to do)
*a TINY screen
*with 'Hardly Wifi', (Cant use it flying)
*No Google Maps,
*with Less TX/RX power (it seems) - without a HACK, than the original RC,
*less outdoor screen lighting (700nits) and screen SIZE than my phone.
*restrictive Android ability - to Transfer files, add 3rd Party Software
*No SDK - therefore No LITCHI (and all my routes) -
(and worst of all no mention of that COMING SOON for fear of undermining the ability of its 'Business drones'
* I'm now Forced to use the pathetic DJI 'Waypoints' insert on a tiny screen with forced bezier curves (compared with Litchi functionality - on Web Based Planning Software VLM or Litchi mission Hub )
* and no ability to WIFI Live Screen share (to TV) or Twitter/Facebook/ Youtube
.... Gone is the LIVE FLYING experience (as I peer onto the tiny reflective screen, almost crashing because of its size)

To rectify this to my original functionality, I need the $ RC PRO $ (triple Cost) with a Wired HDMI (no Real Wifi), ... OR .... a Way to use $New Goggles$ - but still no SDK (Litchi, My programs) -

... or to try the RC N1 with the Phone / Tablet ... (Still no SDK)

----

But Wait !!! - it gets Better....
Less than 4 months after Purchasing, my New M3P, the new Air 3 was released recently with a different controller - (oh yes only the Air 3 can use it)

So No hope without spending More and More and $More$ for new models and/or hacks for the Old Functionality with new advancement.

SO (as said above) .... has DJI got Lazy or Greedy or Both ?
... or didnt they think these possible consumer problems through ?
The endless waiting for support, Upgrades, or User enhancement gets quickly replaced by a New System (Not backward or Forward compatible) - at present -

Is this fair or Okay ?

....and finally because of the above Iv lost the best thing -
... my excitement in flying drones as I used to ...

So
TO FIX this .... I now need...
1) a Powerful Controler with the Option of Phone Connection, that can handle Occusync 4 Backward Compatible.

2) A full SDK for the Mavic 3 Pro to be released - (Like others have in the Past) - So all owners have a Choice on Software control.

3) FREE !

By the way, the above RANT has not said anything about the ABSOLUTELY AWESOME DRONE the the DJI MAVIC 3 PRO (Drone) is.
I absolutely LOVE the Three Cameras on the Mavic 3 PRO - the (3x) Cam is Incredible - The Sensors, and New Obstacle avoidance - is Amazing. The Long Life of the Batteries makes a huge difference.

Its the Controller and the SDK that is the Problem

C'mon DJI - put the PRO back into PRO. Release a Good SDK as well as Multifunction Full Function Controllers (not with parts missing) - for this GREAT DRONE (M3PRO)!

Hate to say it but this isn't entirely about drones; what you wrote is normal and is experienced by all types of devices or electronics. It's all relative in my opinion. Technology, pricing, compatibility....it's changed over the decade(s) and the impact is being felt by those of us in this for the long haul. We are numb, so to speak. If the Mavic 3 Pro had been launched in 2017, our minds would be blown; today it's just a big wow.

I personally think we are all so much more tech savvy these days, we have better insight into sales, operations, manufacturing, and the entire company process as well as their entire prior product offers. And the internet offers a keen way to compare, contrast, criticize together as a community which makes us 10 times more aware than we have been in the past about even the little/minor things. We set high expectations and the bar is raised so high at this point that we're lucky DJI is the basically the only consumer drone company left that can try to meet the challenge.

I wouldn't sell the drone. These days, their is value in diversity especially in the drone community. A Skydio that can track, an Autel Nano that is tiny, a DJI Mavic 3 Pro that has an outstanding camera, an Avata that can FPV like a champ....I honestly think we're lucky!

Nice answer - with Lots of thought put into that. Thanks

For the expensive M3PRO to be useful to me, I need the SDK to be released to fascilitate the use of the other Software. Its always been like a Package SDK - since the Beginning.

They Have released the SDK for Mavic 3E/3T... and somewhere they said that they have no intention of releasing the M3 consumer SDK. (at present) Thats irritating.
They know developers will Quickly develop to compete with the 3E

If I had known that they would stunt the development for M3PRO (without an SDK) it would have influenced my Purchase.
I sincerely did not buy the M3PRO for only a good Camera.

I have a history that includes devices with SDK's and controllers that Make good use of Powerful Phone devices.

Thanks for your answer

If I had known that they would stunt the development for M3PRO (without an SDK) it would have influenced my Purchase.
I sincerely did not buy the M3PRO for only a good Camera.

I have a history that includes devices with SDK's and controllers that Make good use of Powerful Phone devices.

Thanks for your answer
DJI clearly announced before the release of the Mavic 3 Pro that all future SDK development would be focused solely on the Enterprise line. Had you bought a Mavic 3 at release, I could understand your frustration, because they led everyone to believe they would eventually, until last fall, when they made the announcement it wasn't in the cards! However, DJI has never even hinted that there would ever be an SDK for the Mavic 3 Pro. That's on you. Caveat emptor!

I was super excited when receiving my brand new M3P.

I had owned the Mavic PRO Platinum (MPP)... then the M2Zoom, and wow what awesome drones. Each had features that couldnt let me sell either.

The MPP was like a Bullet - and gave me huge access to Parameters that made it even Faster. It could go higher and quicker than any other consumer drone available. I could even Fly it in Huge gusts over a Stormy Sea - What a Machine !

The M2Zoom was a Game changer with real ZOOM capabilities that Actually Zoomed with Perfect Clarity. My style of Photography got honed with Zoom built into my output, creating usable footage from Far and near instantly. It was an unshakable style.
Soon My M2Z was my GoTo (sacrificing the MPP speed and Height). I could also adjust parameters althought much less so than the MPP.

What was awesome about both was the ability to STREAM LIVE to my computer or TV with WIFI from my Phone-... and YES it was Flyable like that and everyone could watch. The White Goggles also gave me so much of a Bigger View. Flying a low level Accurate LITCHI mission - and looking around as my drone safely meandered through trees and under bridges on the GolfCourse.
I soon realised that the Use with LITCHI and other third party apps really expanded my Droning. I had so many adventures with LITCHI, and even built my own software, to interpolate paths , and Reverse my Runs.

Having basic coding skills it was incredible seeing what drones could be capable of - No Restrictions, only possibilities. I even started coding with the expanding SDK on my path to 'Internet flying' with a drone carying a portable LTE router.

So three great years of two awesome drones... and... after huge Problems with Swelling Batteries on Both ... I eventually resigned them both - after a swollen Battery Popped out on MPP high flight and ... (I never finished the LTE Project - something similar to the 4G Dongle which only works in china)

I waited and waited for the latest ultimate drone that could do all of that and maybe more (hoping for longer air time, LTE control, Thermal, More versatile software) within a Fair budget.
But it didnt come... Each new DJI Release had an 'Awesome something' but less of something else- and not an ALL AWESOME :(

Then came the Mavic 3 PRO :)) - They Boasted Power, three great cameras, longer life batteries, more distance.
(and I expected the versatility I Previously had ...)

I had the previous knowledge that everything could be DO-ABLE on this BRAND NEW 'All you need in a Drone' release.

What could go wrong ? (I pulled the trigger and Purchased this at 2-3x expanded cost... and started getting excited again)

But I was wrong...

It seems that DJI either got greedy or Lazy or Both ....

For the BEST of the BEST consumer drone... I lost more versatility than ever. (I never thought I may be Downgrading)
----
My Phone and Tablet were great when flying - They could easilly WIFI onto a big screen bringing the excitement of FLying to one and all LIVE - also I had an option of Multiple Programs to Fly with...

NOW -
- Replacement of the RC+Phone - was the DJI - RC (bundled)- with 'FLY' Program built in - with No option to connect a Phone as an alternative to accomodate third party apps (This was Easy to do)
*a TINY screen
*with 'Hardly Wifi', (Cant use it flying)
*No Google Maps,
*restrictive Android ability - to Transfer files, add 3rd Party Software
*No SDK - therefore No LITCHI (and all my routes) -
(and worst of all no mention of that COMING SOON for fear of undermining the ability of its 'Business drones'
* I'm now Forced to use the pathetic DJI 'Waypoints' insert on a tiny screen with forced bezier curves (compared with Litchi functionality - on Web Based Planning Software VLM or Litchi mission Hub )
* and no ability to WIFI Live Screen share (to TV) or Twitter/Facebook/ Youtube
.... Gone is the LIVE FLYING experience (as I peer onto the tiny reflective screen, almost crashing because of its size)

To rectify this to my original functionality, I need the $ RC PRO $ (triple Cost) with a Wired HDMI (no Real Wifi), ... OR .... a Way to use $New Goggles$ - but still no SDK (Litchi, My programs) -

... or to try the RC N1 with the Phone / Tablet ... (Still no SDK)

----

But Wait !!! - it gets Better....
Less than 4 months after Purchasing, my New M3P, the new Air 3 was released recently with a different controller - (oh yes only the Air 3 can use it)

So No hope without spending More and More and $More$ for new models and/or hacks for the Old Functionality with new advancement.

SO (as said above) .... has DJI got Lazy or Greedy or Both ?
... or didnt they think these possible consumer problems through ?
The endless waiting for support, Upgrades, or User enhancement gets quickly replaced by a New System (Not backward or Forward compatible) - at present -

Is this fair or Okay ?

....and finally because of the above Iv lost the best thing -
... my excitement in flying drones as I used to ...

So
TO FIX this .... I now need...
1) a Powerful Controler with the Option of Phone Connection, that can handle Occusync 4 Backward Compatible.

2) A full SDK for the Mavic 3 Pro to be released - (Like others have in the Past) - So all owners have a Choice on Software control.

3) FREE !

By the way, the above RANT has not said anything about the ABSOLUTELY AWESOME DRONE the the DJI MAVIC 3 PRO (Drone) is.
I absolutely LOVE the Three Cameras on the Mavic 3 PRO - the (3x) Cam is Incredible - The Sensors, and New Obstacle avoidance - is Amazing. The Long Life of the Batteries makes a huge difference.

Its the Controller and the SDK that is the Problem

C'mon DJI - put the PRO back into PRO. Release a Good SDK as well as Multifunction Full Function Controllers (not with parts missing) - for this GREAT DRONE (M3PRO)!
While DJi has the best technology it has become the apple of drones. They don't want to play well with others at our detriment. We need a pro drone that doesn't make us give up something to have another. I look at the enterprise series and it makes me not want to pull the trigger.3 different drones and each one makes you give up something so you buy another. Drones aren't potato chips. You should be able to purchase one that does everything you want I hope DJi realizes this eventually.

You should be able to purchase one that does everything you want I hope DJi realizes this eventually.
THIS will kill their market - I can buy a cinelifter Drone and make it what I want. BUT DJI doesn't make a cinelifter model for some strange reason. and NO the Inspire is not a Cinelifter or even competition for one.
If they ever learn that they could actually gain back a foothold in the videography game.

Reactions: mavic3usa
For all of the videography applications I have been given, the current drones have been fine. I would miss the Litchi capability, but the various DJI schemes supplied with some drones could take it’s place.

This is the same discussion type that takes place with camera buffs. What is the best camera. For those who are really developing their vision and creativity, the answer is “the one you have with you”.

“perfection is the enemy of the good”

For all of the videography applications I have been given, the current drones have been fine. I would miss the Litchi capability, but the various DJI schemes supplied with some drones could take it’s place.

This is the same discussion type that takes place with camera buffs. What is the best camera. For those who are really developing their vision and creativity, the answer is “the one you have with you”.

“perfection is the enemy of the good”
One more, "Everything in photography is series of compromises!"

The end result of "the one you have with you" and "perfection is the enemy of the good" is that as of 2015, the NY Times reported that 75% of all photographs taken were shot with a smart phone! It is "good enough," and the immediacy of being able to share the result instantly from that device on social media trumps all!

With the vast improvements in camera phones since 2015, and the obsession with social media and selfies, I'm sure that figure is closer to 95% by now!

Last edited:
Reactions: UAVPilot
The days of the Phantom 4 Advance and the Mavic 2Pro/Zoom are gone!
Get with the new and done with the old my Droner friend. For SDK you need an enterprise drone, keep your M3P for video & photo. Get a M3 Enterprise and move on. This is the way with DJI right now, they dominate the market, Skydio is out of the consumer market, Autel is there as a choice. You and I are going to have drones that do specific task; Video:Mini 3 pro, Mavic Air 3 & M3P& Inspire 3 $7K; Mapping, M3E 5K
Thermal M3ET 7K.
Or a M350 worth 35k with 2 or 3 payloads. A M30 or M30T gor 10k-15k
Wingtra 30k, Autel Evo II 2k + Autel Evo II Thermal Max 9K
It gets expensive, or go retro, go vintage, and deal with the bloated batteries. You can get them preown from all the drone pilots that are buying new like me.
“Stay thirsty my friend” get a 🍺XX and chill. Get some tacos 🌮 while you a
there.

I am seriously considering The Autel Evo 2 V3 RTK. with a changeable payload for thermal . It gives you good video, RTK, SDK and thermal with one drone. Without the Thermal it's $3800. Nice pro remote and 3 batteries. Sounds reasonable and a value for business with no geo-fencing. That's my answer to being hogtied.

Reactions: vtcats and Aairon
I am seriously considering The Autel Evo 2 V3 RTK. with a changeable payload for thermal . It gives you good video, RTK, SDK and thermal with one drone. Without the Thermal it's $3800. Nice pro remote and 3 batteries. Sounds reasonable and a value for business with no geo-fencing. That's my answer to being hogtied.
I would caution against anything Autel. They are already geofenced, with unremovable warnings continuously on the screen, even though, for now, their GEO is not yet compulsory, prohibiting flight. Note that DJI's GEO started out as optional, too! Autel has left a trail of abandoned unsupported hardware in their wake! Caveat emptor!

DJI clearly announced before the release of the Mavic 3 Pro that all future SDK development would be focused solely on the Enterprise line. Had you bought a Mavic 3 at release, I could understand your frustration, because they led everyone to believe they would eventually, until last fall, when they made the announcement it wasn't in the cards! However, DJI has never even hinted that there would ever be an SDK for the Mavic 3 Pro. That's on you. Caveat emptor!
These are valid reasons against Autel. But to get the similar performance for Quality video, rtk, sdk I would need to buy a Mavic classic, and a mavic 3 E with RTK. That would cost a minimum of $6,400.00 and I will probably never get SDK support. Both choices are a dilemma. Autel scares me too, but DJI has abandoned many models too. The phantom series is a prime example of that.

My Phone and Tablet were great when flying - They could easilly WIFI onto a big screen bringing the excitement of FLying to one and all LIVE

NOW -
- Replacement of the RC+Phone - was the DJI - RC (bundled)- with 'FLY' Program built in - with No option to connect a Phone as an alternative
*a TINY screen
These criticisms aren't valid because you can use the (very affordable) RC-N1 controller and whatever screen you used previously.
You can easily sell the RC that comes with the drone too.
i-N7dSQ2v-X2.jpg

... or to try the RC N1 with the Phone / Tablet ... (Still no SDK
Yes, try the RC-N1

I have the Autel V3 as well as Mavic 3 Pro and now rarely fly the Autel, just fly now to drain battery and recharge. The Autel has a great camera but that's where it stops. They stopped supporting this drone just after launch and went into enterprise drones whereas Dji continues to support its consumer line with added features and Firmware upgrades. Trying to sell my Auto but it is so difficult as no one wants to buy or they want it at less than a 1/4 of the price.

Last edited:
These are valid reasons against Autel. But to get the similar performance for Quality video, rtk, sdk I would need to buy a Mavic classic, and a mavic 3 E with RTK. That would cost a minimum of $6,400.00 and I will probably never get SDK support. Both choices are a dilemma. Autel scares me too, but DJI has abandoned many models too. The phantom series is a prime example of that.
Mavic 3E already has SDK support. The Phantom series has not been abandoned. After almost 5 years, the Phantom line was finally upgraded into a newer design of foldable drones, but the Phantom 4 Pro is still a great choice for photogrammetry with a 1” sensor and SDK support. It may be discontinued, but plenty are still in service, and parts are readily available in the aftermarket. Autel never sold enough of any of their drones to get Litchi support, nor any other aftermarket support or interest, so parts and batteries are completely unavailable. They have left a trail of disappointed Autel drone owners in their wake! They have less than 25 engineers compared to DJI's 10,000 engineers. according the Randall. They don’t innovate. They only copy DJI, and do it poorly!

Autel Robotis' only salient feature has been no GEO, but they put it in anyway about a year ago, in an irreversible update. Instead of preventing flight, it just constantly annoys you and continuously blocks part of your screen! At least DJI gives you a clean screen, once you obtain the authorization!

Last edited:
These criticisms aren't valid because you can use the (very affordable) RC-N1 controller and whatever screen you used previously.
You can easily sell the RC that comes with the drone too.
i-N7dSQ2v-X2.jpg

Yes, try the RC-N1
Thank you

This was a game changer...

I was able to use a big screen.
Able to use Google maps..
Stream live over wifi with little lag...(5g wifi)

With fcc mode enabled I was Even able to setup a live desktop big screen control centre.
Brings a while new perspective to flying... like being in a real huge cockpit of a drone

The Rc N1 was the trick.
Old school style

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy and Meta4
New Law Bans Chinese Drones from the Federal Government

UAV Coach reports Federal ban on Chinese drones

DJI has opened the door to competitors with the removal of some very important features. The US government has shoved the door wide open with their restrictions on Chinese built drones. Will somebody please walk in and eat? The table has been set.
Doesn’t go into effect until December 2025.
That's a long time away, and it only applies to commercial use.

The US government has shoved the door wide open with their restrictions on Chinese built drones. Will somebody please walk in and eat? The table has been set.
The table has only been set for makers of overpriced commercial drones.
This isn't about the drones most members fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N