DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3rd party propellers

siagung

Reactions
Recently i've ordered mavic platinum props for my mavic pro. But the seller sent me the RC Geeks mavic pro platinum props, not the DJI's part like i ordered.

Is it okay to fly with 3rd party props than the DJI's? Though not all props made by DJI, sometimes from other company. Have you guys tried to fly with RC Geeks or maybe some other 3rd party props? Is it safe to fly with?

Reactions: Lav
I don't know about the RC Geeks merchandise, but my advice is to return them if they weren't what you paid for. We MUST hold these sellers to the basic standard of sending us what we ordered.

I ordered my first set of low noise MPP 8331 props from DJI, but I got my second set from B&H Photo for less. I was originally going to go with Ebay or Amazon to get better prices, but the negative stories of 3rd party props sold outright as 3rd party or pretending to be DJI scared me to purchase them from widely know reputable dealers. Good luck.

I’d run them over a balance before using them. I bought these on a whim and they are way off. My DJI blades all balance nicely straight out of the box.
7962887ee02cfbefca71f7f9cc9c4a7d.jpg

Also, in another thread about low noise propellers, someone believed that their vibration or error warning may be cause by the pivot points of the folding propellers being too tight not allowing the free moment of the individual blades. I checked this on my DJI 8331s, and all individual blades have about the same freedom of movement at their pivot points. Mine are vibration and error free...did i mention they were quieter?

Recently i've ordered mavic platinum props for my mavic pro. But the seller sent me the RC Geeks mavic pro platinum props, not the DJI's part like i ordered.

Is it okay to fly with 3rd party props than the DJI's? Though not all props made by DJI, sometimes from other company. Have you guys tried to fly with RC Geeks or maybe some other 3rd party props? Is it safe to fly with?
No way. Tons of problems. I see guys cry all the time at meetups because their lil guy fell out of the sky.. be safe and order only OEM g7

Reactions: trriley5

Send them back for a couple of reasons.. 1 being that's false advertising Sotherton shouldn't have sent you them in the first place.
2 because alot of the time with these after market props the quality of the plastic is cheaper and more flimsy. My advice is send them back. At the the end of the day it's not worth risking your £1000 machine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark