DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.400 firmware vs. DJI Go 4 app

cirrusly

Reactions
I just downgraded both my controller and Mavic Pro to .400 (thanks everyone that made this possible!) It seems to be working properly. I use my Mavic with the DJI Go 4 app (mainly just for calibration purposes), Litchi and Autopilot. I have a few questions that perhaps someone can answer:

1. I am running the current DJI Go 4 app (4.1.3) and it seems to work fine with the .400 firmware. Isn't is very possible / likely that DJI will make the DJI Go 4 app only work with the latest versions of the firmware forcing us to upgrade if we want to use their app (and I understand it is still mandatory for some functions like some of the calibrations.)

2. Is it possible to downgrade to an older version of the DJI Go 4 app, and if so which one was stable with .400, and how do you downgrade?

3. Isn't is also possible / likely that they'll change the API so that when Autopilot / Litchi etc. modify their apps to work with it that they won't work with the API from .400?

4. If I'm not in airplane mode when I start DJI Go 4 will it start to update the firmware automatically or does it require confirmation? So far I've just started it in airplane mode. It still gives me a warning that I'm out of date (I don't know how it knows since the network connection is shut off) but I can ignore that.
Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25