DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

48mp raw (dng) or 48mp jpeg

RonanCork

Reactions
Hey,

Sorry if answered already, but i see the MA2 can do 12mp raw but I just saw on some sites n also Stewart Carol's Drone Film Guide YouTube channel that you can do 48mp raw photo. Is that true?

Thanks Ro

It's true but the lens quality make it unusable in 48MP.
I've a MP1 (and bigger stuffs also) and I made some comparisons with the DNG's of the MA2 available. I would say the sensor is slightly better on the MA2, mainly less noisy in chroma and the lens is slightly better on the MP1 than on the MA2.
In photo mode, the quality on the MA2 is decent let's say in 3k/4k format, which is not so bad. The DNG files are not usuable in 48 MP format, but starting from a 48MP reduced in 3K or 4K you can get better results in LR than the jpeg. The jpeg however is quite good.
Of course the MP2 is much better. No comparison.
I've not checked the IQ in video, I'm more insterested by photo. I guess the MA2 will be much better compared to the MP1 due to the lower noise in chroma and the bitrate, and closer to the MP2. However the MP2 works in 10b and the MA2 in 8b only...So I think out of the box the video of the MA2 should be very good, but the MP2 will still better support HDR modes thanks to the 10bits, the much lower noise and the bigger pixels ( 0.8µm vs 2.4µm)
With a pixel of .8µ only, even if the optics were good the diffraction would be a problem

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty