DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4Hawks SR...was on the fence but

mackt83

Reactions
daaannng this thing is awesome. Just for those that were like me and are back and forth on whether to go through with it, I'm so glad I did. I know there are multiple reviews on this already but the signal quality in my very congested suburb of Houston is outstanding. 5-6000 ft away at 200ft and crystal clear no lag. Before I was lucky if I got that at 400 ft with sketchy video downlink.

There is very little extra weight and is a bit bulky but once you break it down it stows away nicely in just about any bag. Well worth it. The folks at Carolina Dronz could not be better and they will ship same day for $119. Hope this helps any one that is contemplating.

Reactions: Bigloser2448
Thanks for sharing! Do you have video or airdata to share as well?

daaannng this thing is awesome. Just for those that were like me and are back and forth on whether to go through with it, I'm so glad I did. I know there are multiple reviews on this already but the signal quality in my very congested suburb of Houston is outstanding. 5-6000 ft away at 200ft and crystal clear no lag. Before I was lucky if I got that at 400 ft with sketchy video downlink.

There is very little extra weight and is a bit bulky but once you break it down it stows away nicely in just about any bag. Well worth it. The folks at Carolina Dronz could not be better and they will ship same day for $119. Hope this helps any one that is contemplating.
A lot of folks that have purchased the 4 Hawks have been very pleased with the results. Perhaps when you get some good high range flights in, try getting on the Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

Wow! Have just watched the assembly guide video - not exactly straight forward!!

Wow! Have just watched the assembly guide video - not exactly straight forward!!

It’s actually not that bad at all. If you’re semi-good with your hands, you can do it in under an hour. The Mavic Air controller is built very well and comes apart/goes back together easily. I have the Raptor SR and XR and love them both. Big improvement in video feed signal. I’m not looking for massive range but I did test that when I first got the Raptors and hit over 11,000 feet.

Reactions: mackt83
The hardest part about the installation is removing the stock antennas. I highly recommend flat tipped needle nose pliers. Other than that, it’s a very simple process.

How easy is it to detach and pack away. I'm looking to still fit everything in the fly more bag. Hoping the antenna will fit the pouch.

How easy is it to detach and pack away. I'm looking to still fit everything in the fly more bag. Hoping the antenna will fit the pouch.

2 twist off RMA cables, and 2 spring loaded screws that are attached. Takes 10 seconds to detach, and yes it will fit in the bag, but not sure how full your bag is.

Really? It looks like you need to dismantle the controller to remove it.

Really? It looks like you need to dismantle the controller to remove it.
The bolt and washer are on the outside of the bracket as shown. I think on the mavic pro you had to hold the rf outlet from the inside while tightening the bolt on, however on the Air there is a small piece of plastic that prevents this. So yea, you can take it off, but I personally don't bother. Don't want to lose those bolts and washers.

Attachments

• IMG_0501.jpg
    IMG_0501.jpg
    977.1 KB · Views: 103
Thanks for that. Was hoping it would still fit in the bag's pocket

Just picked up an XR for one of my M2P's, but I've been hesitant about performing my first ever upgrade/MOD on the only RC1A controller I have. Pity the only way to currently purchase a secondary controller is basically limited to buying an entirely new M2P or the occasional eBay listings I've seen lately. ($350 +)

I guess my question is, If I've got an extra Remote from the Original MPro, can I install the XR on it and have it link/work with the M2P? Aside from the joysticks being removable on the newer RC1A controller and the addition of the tripod mode slider alongside the P,S modes on the original, they seem to be nearly identical from the exterior, now the inner guts may be a different story. either way, I'm no technician, but I'd like to think this should work on the older remote just fine. If any of the KNOWLEDGE GODS on here know with certainty or have tried this install themselves, please chime in as any feedback/advice is greatly appreciated.

I also should note, I miss the darker color scheme of the original MPro and MAir controllers.

;(

I’m not sure that the M2P needs the Raptor antenna really. I have the M2P and don’t have any issues where I’ve flown my Air. Also though, the M2P has OcuSync 2.0 so the old Pro controller won’t work with the new drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000