DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4hawks

F00lsgold

Reactions
Hi all has anyone got any experience with the 4hawks range extender ?i think it’s called the raptor xr are they hard to fit to the r/c I’m flying the Mavic Air any info appreciated thanks

Hi all has anyone got any experience with the 4hawks range extender ?i think it’s called the raptor xr are they hard to fit to the r/c I’m flying the Mavic Air any info appreciated thanks

I just received my Raptor XR for my MA.
Easy to install and surprised at how light the whole setup is. Yes the XR is larger than the SR.
Feels good and balanced in the hands considering the size.

As far as range goes? Have not flown with it yet. All I can say is that the Current Range Leaders all use the 4Hawks.
Will post some pictures of my setup in a few minutes after post (remote is almost done charging).

I did a lot of research about 4Hawks and Titan; non-powered booster and a powered booster respectively. Both seem to have their own fanfare. All in all, I decided on the 4Hawks. To me, the MA can never outperform the MP as far as range goes. That statement includes battery mods and the like. A powered antenna booster is essentially overkill for what a person can do with the MA due to its size. On the other hand, a Mavic Pro coupled with a boosted antenna and battery mods will yield much better results in the same scenario.

4Hawks seemed like the best antenna for what I would like to see it used for.
Sure, even if I added a single battery mod to the Air it would again be limited only in regards to flight time as the possible maximum range would likely not be maxed out.

Differences:

4Hawks:
Dual Band Directional
Non-Powered
Both SR & XR models are dual-band.

Titan:
Must buy either the 2.4 or 5.8 band (or spend $350+ and buy the Switch System so you have both bands)
Powered Antenna
Weighs more

Price:

$119 for the Raptor SR
$150 for the Raptor XR
(Both 4Hawks are Directional)
$250 for the Titan Cyclone (directional)
$270 for the Titan Atlas (bi-directional)
$350 for the Titan Switch

They both have their pros and cons. Maybe later down road 4Hawks will offer a bi-directional antenna system. For now Titan seems to only offer that between these two setups.
I have a set of Titan whips coming in. Will use those for days when I just don’t need the Raptor. I have also ordered a custom length set of QMA male to QMA male pigtails to convert the 4Hawks SMA.

This review is purely my own opinion and I hope I was able to help out if even just a little.

Attachments

• 0D624BF0-55E9-4F2B-896E-45FFB05899C6.jpeg
    0D624BF0-55E9-4F2B-896E-45FFB05899C6.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 170
  • 4335E46C-FE9B-4C87-B306-44226D73751D.jpeg
    4335E46C-FE9B-4C87-B306-44226D73751D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 164
  • C40EA5F0-4408-4700-A538-04B6576EE43C.jpeg
    C40EA5F0-4408-4700-A538-04B6576EE43C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 147
  • C87C7B4B-F5BD-4493-82AD-B3B1EE94ACB8.jpeg
    C87C7B4B-F5BD-4493-82AD-B3B1EE94ACB8.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Reactions: F00lsgold
Wow Chris thank you for all the information
Much appreciated,sounds like you have done your homework on the two brands, I think I will be going down the xr route myself.
Looking forward to your screen shots and thank you

I have the Raptor XR and as Chris said it is large. I would compare it to a small PC. I have( in a small town environment) I reached 2x range so far, from 6-7,000ft stock to 15,000ft Raptor XR. It is a very nice, lightweight, powerful, and clean setup.

Hi I just installed the 4Hawks XR and I don’t see any improvement at all. What am I missing? or is it defective.

Thanks

Hi,
yes I did, I even went back in and double checked everything. It’s been raining a lot so I haven’t been able to test much. I did do another test flight on the Mavic Air since I last posted. Let explain a little about my location, and my experience. This is my first Drone and I live in a heavy wooded area where most of my flying is at home were I’m surrounded by tall trees. The best I was able to do was around 2000’ with stock antennas in both 2.4 and 5.8. With the XR in 5.8 no change in distance and actually got worse, Which I don’t understand because 5.8 is supposed to be better in my situation although the video has improved. However I was able to get out to 3000’ In 2.4. All test were done at 400’ in height. I am also running the latest firmware which I hear some people are having issues with.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on what may be going on I sure would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks

My SR isn't working, either. Does it matter which of the poles the left and right *internal* sma cables attach to inside the controller? Does it matter which pole of the antenna the external, coax cables attach to?

My SR isn't working, either. Does it matter which of the poles the left and right *internal* sma cables attach to inside the controller? Does it matter which pole of the antenna the external, coax cables attach to?

Don’t know but I hooked it up the same way the as the original antennas.

the 4hawks should be enough... i don't have one yet myself... (longer term plan, gotta stop spending money)

id love to have one... but it should work fine without add-ons.

My 4hawks Raptor SR works great for me able to achieve more than 10000ft in Urban area full of Interference.
8615ef81bb9170bbc1dd040a5f67ca8f.jpg

I just got out to 3900’ in 2.4 at my home so I guess it is working as I almost doubled what I was getting with stock antennas. They weather is better today. Now I have to try in an a more open area.

I had another question if anyone knows. How do the stock antennas work, is one for 2.4 and the 5.8, or is one for transmitting and the other receive?

Thanks

Nice, what is your flying environment like? Your using it on a MA?
Look at the environment you know what I meant....so I am happy with 4Hawks Raptor SR. Worth it!
And before that I installed ITElite DBS SPARKWAVE DUO which worse than stock antennas. I returned it and got the 4hawks.
a65836b877191d8493e2fe7db81400d3.jpg

Reactions: mad monkey
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU