DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4hawks

No I mean the antenna VS the controller. Was your damage in the controller or antenna

Oh ok I understand... the loose wire is in the antenna. if the antenna is shaken, you can hear what sounds like the end of a wire knocking against the inside of the antenna on one side.

Reactions: mad monkey
I sent my 4Hawks back. But for the short time I had it, it would fit pretty well in my Smartree case. The case cut outs appear to be designed for the 4Hawks in that the larger cut-out is made to hold the MA controller lying flat, sticks on, with the 4Hawks bracket but the antenna off. The antenna sat on top of the cut out and there was enough clerance with the top cover to close the case without a lot of pressure. But it means the antenna had to be removed to store. I carefully cable-tied the coax cables around the bracket so that it would be easier to breakdown. But as mentioned in the end I sent the 4Hawks back due to build-quality issues. In retro-spect I am glad a wire came loose in the antenna because I don't think the product is for me: I do not like the directionalty of it, I do not like that it doesn't appear to help with solid obstacles (eg trees) and I don't like the interal wiring being so flimsy where the coax goes into the connector - it just left me untrusting of it. The stock antennas work fine for me. And, more space in my case!

See I'm thinking taking it on and off would be more of a source of damage.. This small pelican is just for the controller lol

This is what I have
Pelican Storm IM2050-30001 Case with Foam, (Olive Drab) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B001D6KUQY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ypgDBbY2ZNS72

Yes. With my case taking it on and off would be necessary. But you can cable tie the coax to the bracket in a way that limits the stress on the coax by a lot. the way I did it holds the coax into a position where they move a very little amount, and there is no movement of the wires where they go into the controller. do you want to see pics? I took some before I decided to send it back. The case I have is the Smartree DA600 and holds everything including 5 batteries and my ipad, plus filters, a small USB battery pack, etc.

The last pic shows how the ends can be tucked into the bracket to keep them safe when the antenna is off.

IMG_3527.JPGIMG_3528.JPGIMG_3529.JPG

I just received my Raptor XR for my MA.
Easy to install and surprised at how light the whole setup is. Yes the XR is larger than the SR.
Feels good and balanced in the hands considering the size.

As far as range goes? Have not flown with it yet. All I can say is that the Current Range Leaders all use the 4Hawks.
Will post some pictures of my setup in a few minutes after post (remote is almost done charging).

I did a lot of research about 4Hawks and Titan; non-powered booster and a powered booster respectively. Both seem to have their own fanfare. All in all, I decided on the 4Hawks. To me, the MA can never outperform the MP as far as range goes. That statement includes battery mods and the like. A powered antenna booster is essentially overkill for what a person can do with the MA due to its size. On the other hand, a Mavic Pro coupled with a boosted antenna and battery mods will yield much better results in the same scenario.

4Hawks seemed like the best antenna for what I would like to see it used for.
Sure, even if I added a single battery mod to the Air it would again be limited only in regards to flight time as the possible maximum range would likely not be maxed out.

Differences:

4Hawks:
Dual Band Directional
Non-Powered
Both SR & XR models are dual-band.

Titan:
Must buy either the 2.4 or 5.8 band (or spend $350+ and buy the Switch System so you have both bands)
Powered Antenna
Weighs more

Price:

$119 for the Raptor SR
$150 for the Raptor XR
(Both 4Hawks are Directional)
$250 for the Titan Cyclone (directional)
$270 for the Titan Atlas (bi-directional)
$350 for the Titan Switch

They both have their pros and cons. Maybe later down road 4Hawks will offer a bi-directional antenna system. For now Titan seems to only offer that between these two setups.
I have a set of Titan whips coming in. Will use those for days when I just don’t need the Raptor. I have also ordered a custom length set of QMA male to QMA male pigtails to convert the 4Hawks SMA.

This review is purely my own opinion and I hope I was able to help out if even just a little.

I bought the 4hawks SR and sent my remote to be modded at MaxxUAV I like your idea of QMA male to QMA to add Titan whips when I don't want to use my 4hawks SR. (although I have another stock remote I bought on Offer Up for portability). Like you, I'm thinking the Titan whips at 9dbi as an alternative when I don't use my 4hawks would be cool. Can you share where is can get the custom QMA male to QMA and the needed length etc so I can buy this as well? Thank you in advance Donny Hudson from Miami

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15