DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4k 60fps Hand held camera suggestions

One thing about the SD card slot on the Pocket. You would expect the slot to be so the card could be inserted with the label towards the front of the camera, but it's not. It can only be inserted with the contacts to the front. Checking inside, I can see the mating contacts of the camera are indeed on the "top", near the front video surface. It would help if they had printed "SD Card" on the unit to indicated which way to insert. Or at least detailed it in the manual.
Received today the tripod base and the charging base that mates with it and allows the Pocket to stand upright. Getting ALL my SD cards sorted out, and even successfully formatted the one that wouldn't take formatting in either the Mini 2 or my computer in the past. I'll see if works in the Mini 2 tomorrow.

Today I saved a poor little SD card that when I first tried it in my then new Mini 2, wouldn't let me format it, either in the drone, or on the computer. All of a sudden now it took the format and now records my Mini 2 flights just fine.

But I can't tell what I'm doing wrong with the Pocket. I put a new SD card (San Disk of course) in the slot, and sometimes it records when I push the button, and it says I've taken a picture, but like today I took three shots outside, and none of them showed up on the card (which, in the adapter, is seen as D: Osmo1 by the computer) But it recorded both JPEGs and MP4s yesterday. But I think I'm getting closer.

I was surprised today that with my Android phone I could load the DJI Mimo app, and it runs. I have a Tercel Smartphone Adapter (USB Micro)
coming tomorrow (couldn't wait for the one on a slow boat from China) so I can plug the Pocket into my Galaxy S7 phone. If it and Mimo get along, maybe I can use my phone instead of my giant Tab A7 Lite (just a bit too heavy). The phone does work with DJI Fly.

Ken

I was disappointed to see that on Amazon there is only one book on the Osmo Pocket, and that is for the Pocket 2. I thought I would find Dummies Books, and at least a few How to Guides. The Pocket has been around since 2019. Doesn't anyone read anymore? I find the little books that come with all things DJI are a bit hard on these 73 year old eyes. And as you dig into them, you realize they're in ten different languages (clever those Chinese). At least I've printed out two manuals on the basics.

Thank you. My problem might be that I haven't got the knack of taking still shots. I'm using the Pocket with my Galaxy Tab A7 Lite and the tablet makes a great huge viewfinder. And I can assign the camera to follow a certain subject just by choosing it. It's taking JPG which is good, but sometimes I think I've taken a shot and it's not on the SD Card. I'm sure I'll get it, but what really drives me crazy is that no matter how much I take off my phone (even to installing a clean SD card), it still tells me there's too much stuff on there. :(
So when you take a shot, does it stay in Pocket memory, or is it sent to the SD card? Or do you have to send it there?

Ken
Okay, so now I take some stills and video with the Pocket, and read the SD card on my computer (it shows up in the card reader adaptor as being on D: . They're all there, lined up by date and either JPG or MP4. I think those I took in 4K video turned out with some strange distortion. I'll have to avoid that setting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji