DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4K@60fps: when can MA2 use it?!

Aratheba

Reactions
Hi all, I own a Mavic 2 Zoom and I’m currently thinking whether or not to sell it to buy a MA2.
Aside many users complaining about short range (which makes me rethink about it quite a bit!), I’d like to know in which use cases can MA2 record 4K@60fps video.

I mean: can A MA2 record 4K@60fps ONLY when used manually o even while tracking something (car, person, etc)? Or while performing Quickshots like Orbit, Rocket, etc?

Thanks in advance, this will help me making up my mind. [emoji51]

can't do 60fps while tracking unfortunately. And I don't think quickshots either but I'm not 100% on that. Also can't do 60fps and HDR at the same time.

can't do 60fps while tracking unfortunately. And I don't think quickshots either but I'm not 100% on that. Also can't do 60fps and HDR at the same time.

Thanks

Can anyone be more precise about it?

Thanks in advance

Hi all, I own a Mavic 2 Zoom and I’m currently thinking whether or not to sell it to buy a MA2.
Aside many users complaining about short range (which makes me rethink about it quite a bit!), I’d like to know in which use cases can MA2 record 4K@60fps video.

I mean: can A MA2 record 4K@60fps ONLY when used manually o even while tracking something (car, person, etc)? Or while performing Quickshots like Orbit, Rocket, etc?

Thanks in advance, this will help me making up my mind. [emoji51]

The only time it is really use full is when framing shots that are really quick , for example we fly in some critical weather conditions to get the best video of lightning , it does not get quicker than that , so having those extra frames we can negotiate the best picture see below. Without 60 frames it might not be so clear.

The other way we use it is for slow Motion as the extra frames make everything really smooth.

Here you can see the 60 frames capturing the Tornado form over the lake. So 60 frames can be really nice to have .

Ligntning-strike-5cac00912ce5c-1381x763.jpg
Screen-Shot-2019-09-13-at-10-57-06-PM-5dd4e6ca0a2e7-1381x771.png
Screen-Shot-2019-09-13-at-10-54-35-PM-5dd4e6bb349bb-1381x778.png

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the rain and float on water

The only time it is really use full is when framing shots that are really quick , for example we fly in some critical weather conditions to get the best video of lightning , it does not get quicker than that , so having those extra frames we can negotiate the best picture see below. Without 60 frames it might not be so clear.

The other way we use it is for slow Motion as the extra frames make everything really smooth.

Here you can see the 60 frames capturing the Tornado form over the lake. So 60 frames can be really nice to have .

View attachment 112734
View attachment 112735
View attachment 112736

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the rain and float on water

Thanks, but I already know why I need 4K@60 (most of all for slow motion in post) and that’s maybe the only reason to switch from my mavic 2 zoom

I was asking if I can record 4K@60 with MA2 while tracking something/someone or while performing Quickshots. [emoji12]

Reactions: prestonrich
Thanks, but I already know why I need 4K@60 (most of all for slow motion in post) and that’s maybe the only reason to switch from my mavic 2 zoom

I was asking if I can record 4K@60 with MA2 while tracking something/someone or while performing Quickshots. [emoji12]

Sorry no , maybe in a possible update. ?

Quickshots are not really intended for manipulation like slo-mo. They are for newbies to do quick easy creative shots and post on Instagram.

FYI... not only that, but some Quickshots don't do 4K at all, right?

Quickshots are not really intended for manipulation like slo-mo. They are for newbies to do quick easy creative shots and post on Instagram.

just the asteroid doesn't, probably because of the processing needed to go from the video to the panorama

I don't really agree with you. Of course I was not thinking about Asteroid quick shot, but I guess Circle quick shot or even Helix one could be really nice having at 4K@60 to be slowed down to 30.
I'm not a pro but I've been flying drones for 3 years and although I trained several times, it's not always easy to do a perfect circle or even just part of a circle at first attempt.
I guess it's something even a pro could appreciate.

I don't really agree with you. Of course I was not thinking about Asteroid quick shot, but I guess Circle quick shot or even Helix one could be really nice having at 4K@60 to be slowed down to 30.
I'm not a pro but I've been flying drones for 3 years and although I trained several times, it's not always easy to do a perfect circle or even just part of a circle at first attempt.
I guess it's something even a pro could appreciate.

I guess what I meant was DJI intended quickshots as convenience. This is pretty evident in the lack of 4K60 and how they market quickshots.

I'm not saying 4K60 wouldn't be nice to have.

It's mostly about processing power, shooting 4K/60 and doing complicated maneuvers taxes the onboard processing plus you add on HEIC codec and it can get pretty busy...

Yes. 100% Manual. Most, if not all, is shot in Sport mode.

It was a blast to film, but nerve wracking.

Very impressive. I now have a new goal with my new MA2, how to fast and fly smooth. :) I video sailboat races using a Spark, 1080p, so I must be close so I can get details. Cropping is not an option unless you want a blurry mess. Sport mode is out of the question with the limited gimbal. My MA2 is supposed to arrive today. Time ot up my game.

I really enjoyed the video.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Very impressive. I now have a new goal with my new MA2, how to fast and fly smooth. :) I video sailboat races using a Spark, 1080p, so I must be close so I can get details. Cropping is not an option unless you want a blurry mess. Sport mode is out of the question with the limited gimbal. My MA2 is supposed to arrive today. Time ot up my game.

I really enjoyed the video.
I also have the Spark, great lil drone. The limited gimbal is why I got the MA1, then the MA2.

If you've flown DJI products then you know the drill... Get used to it first.

Here's a couple things you may not know.
APAS can be set many different ways.
n in Sport mode, if trying to brake faster, hit the pause button, it seems to do something. I don't ever use it though, just allow ample distance.
Tracking is available in Hyperlapse mode.
A wetsuit from @Phantomrain.org can let you get shots like this!
Adobe_Post_20200818_1810230.6325937478205638.png

I fly FPV drones also, but that is a different world entirely. 5 minutes of pure exhilaration.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantomrain.org

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying