DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4K video off ‘damaged’ card

bigiron

Reactions
I have a 64gb Sandisk extreme pro card in Mavic Air. Reads fine in the MA and I can access photos and video through the Wi-fi controller to iPad. No errors. Can record to it also. If I put the card in a PC or attach the drone using USB to PC then I get error saying card needs reformatting. I have one 4K video of a buzzard ‘swooping’ around drone and wanted to process / view on PC. DJI app won’t allow to copy 4K video (nor to Android tablet either). I can download photos and 1080p video. It seems there is a card issue that the MA is fine with but that windows isn’t. Any ideas on how to extract the video using the DJI app?

Answering own post. sandisk recovery software could not find video files. R-Studio (more professional recovery software )which I have for business did manage to find all the video files. Still not sure why MA can see disk ok but nothing else can but life’s too short.

Reactions: Mossiback
Thanks for the information. I have a camera with the same issue; images show on camera but PC shows the card needs formatting. I will give R-Studio a try.

After recovering everything of course, format in the MA and check you can read on PC. If you can't then format on the PC and check you can read/write on aircraft, then still read on PC.
When I got my air I had the same issue, it formatted the card in a weird way that caused the computer not to be able to read it and prompt for formatting. But since I do a bunch of testing at home before even going to fly I caught it before I recorded anything worthy.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. I have a camera with the same issue; images show on camera but PC shows the card needs formatting. I will give R-Studio a try.
Tried R-studio, didn't like it. The demo version is severly limited. Used Recuva which is completely free. Deep scan recovered all my data.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones