DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Doublem14

Reactions
Hello fellow pilots! Im a newly registered member and im glad to be apart of the community. With that being said I fly with the original mavic pro I use a Samsung s8 to control the drone. I've have a few issues. I've been trying to record in 4k for awhile now. The problem I'm having is even after having 4k set It still only comes out at 720p. I check the video details after the flight and it only shows the video as being recorded in 1280x720. I do not understand why this is happening. My settings during flight show I'm recording in 4k as well. any answers will greatly be appreciated. Also I called DJI and they told me to update the drone, I did just that and it did not resolve the issue...

Last edited:
Hello fellow pilots! Im a newly registered member and im glad to be apart of the community. With that being said I fly with the original mavic pro I use a Samsung s8 to control the drone. I've have a few issues. I've been trying to record in 4k for awhile now. The problem I'm having is even after having 4k set It still only comes out at 720p. I check the video details after the flight and it only shows the video as being recorded in 1280x720. I do not understand why this is happening. My settings during flight show I'm recording in 4k as well. any answers will greatly be appreciated. Thanks! Attached is a video and it comes out glitchy not sure why but any input euler be great!
Are you taking the memory card out of the drone, or just downloading from the app? If the latter, that’s your problem.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Doublem14.

I can't help you with the 4k issue, but others can.

The link you provided is a thumbnail still shot. No video.

Pictures may be uploaded but the video should be uploaded to YouTube or similar service and then copy / past the link back to here.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Are you taking the memory card out of the drone, or just downloading from the app? If the latter, that’s your problem.
in the gallery of my phone its showing the resolution as 1280x720. I'm using a MacBook computer to upload to. I've tried looking for the resolution on my computer under quick time player and cannot find it. side note the glitching on my phone is noticeable during playback but on the computer the video is smooth. Maybe its because I'm using a android device??

in the gallery of my phone its showing the resolution as 1280x720. I'm using a MacBook computer to upload to. I've tried looking for the resolution on my computer under quick time player and cannot find it. side note the glitching on my phone is noticeable during playback but on the computer the video is smooth. Maybe its because I'm using a android device??
It sounds like it’s because you’re using the preview videos on your phone, not the full recordings on the Micro SD card. You need to follow @THE CYBORG’S advice and take the card out of the drone and transfer the files to your Mac using an appropriate card reader to get the full resolution versions. ??

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support here. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

It sounds like it’s because you’re using the preview videos on your phone, not the full recordings on the Micro SD card. You need to follow @THE CYBORG’S advice and take the card out of the drone and transfer the files to your Mac using an appropriate card reader to get the full resolution versions. ??
thank you for your advise! the community has been very helpful! I was able to check on my quick time player for the resolution and indeed it was showing 4k resolution!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milixa9705