DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.500 update error

Endeavor

Reactions
I guess this has come up before but here is some new info after the update. So I went out today to give it a run and while filming the change in color on the nearby landscape the drone just went berserk. I was running stable altitude and full forward on the stick and then proceeded to do a gentle turn and the thing acted like it was going to jump into the ground. I didn't panic and just hit RTH which seemed to calm it down however it was going to miss the home point by about 100 feet so I killed RTH and manually landed.
needless to say I am back to .400
Here is the raw video -

Fast forward to 1.30

Your Air is drunk! Did you get any warnings on screen? Have you reinstalled .500? Or did you downgrade back? I tested my Air last evening and all went well. I would probably re-calibrate the IMU on yours. Also, if you upload your flight data some of the gurus here can help explain what they see.

Yes did a refresh, didn't happen on all flights just this long range one - at about 1800 feet. I went back to .004 for now and if it works OK I will just stay here.

Yes most times I do and found it does not normally affect the signal as my MP can go several miles under the same conditions.

Reactions: abtocmeptb
Yes most times I do and found it does not normally affect the signal as my MP can go several miles under the same conditions.
The Pro uses Occusync, the Air uses WiFi. The Air has much less range. If it lost signal it should have returned to home, not go bezerk.

It never lost signal and was well within range - my second attempt went fine. I see other reports of the same missbehavior so mine is certainly not the odd one out.

Reactions: bigiron
I went back to .004 and now I am getting the fake rth request - back to .005 and will see if it still misbehaves.

I would bet flying from inside your truck and at that distance degraded the WiFi signal

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctiptonk