DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

5000m+ Flight Suggestions

Schimmy

Reactions
So I’m going on a trip to Peru, and cannot decide what I should fly. A few of the spots I’m going to fly are above 5000m, and one location right around 6000m. I know the Pro states that 6000m is its altitude cap, but I was just wondering if anyone had any experience at that altitude? Or any suggestions?

• Wow
Reactions: tlswift58
So I’m going on a trip to Peru, and cannot decide what I should fly. A few of the spots I’m going to fly are above 5000m, and one location right around 6000m. I know the Pro states that 6000m is its altitude cap, but I was just wondering if anyone had any experience at that altitude? Or any suggestions?

6000m is so thin air - you may not get the drone up. Thus the possibility from DJI on that altitude max. Most mountains in the US don't even come close - say 13,000+ ft for Pikes Peak in CO. i could barely breathe up there, along with most other people too.

Hopefully someone with high altitude flying experience can give a real answer if it is even possible.

It’s important to realize the altitude in those specs is DENSITY altitude which can be very different altitude above sea level. Air Density is key to propeller efficiency in generating lift. Density altitude is a function of ASL (above sea level) physical altitude AND air temperature and even humidity. Charts and calculators are available. Here in California a popular airport is about 7000 feet ASL. On a warm humid afternoon an aircraft with a service ceiling of 10,000 should not even attempt a take off. Be careful when you flying near the edge of the envelope.

Reactions: Capt. Paradise
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69