DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

7 X camera HLG de-noised test clip at Midday in the desert

christangey

Reactions
Site
www.alicespringsfilmtv.com.au
It's amazing how much we are expecting these days when some of the quality we have now would be just a dream 5 years ago.

Nevertheless, it has to be said that 3X and 7X are still quite noisy, especially in the shadows. But I am over the moon that the 7 X camera has joined the HLG/d-log club and combined with the lens improvement (or at least DJI tweak thereof) 7 X times to me is now usable in pro-productions, given that we still all understand that it's a tiny lens on a tiny sensor and we can de-noise in post! 😎

Here is a 30 second HLG test clip from a FCPX timeline in Rec709, taken at Midday today, here in the Australian desert, de-noised via Neat Video but with no color grading/correction whatsoever. Not perfect but wow, it is so much better than the original Mavic 3, 7 X image!

Last edited:
It's amazing how much we are expecting these days when some of the quality we have now would be just a dream 5 years ago.

Nevertheless, it has to be said that 3X and 7X are still quite noisy, especially in the shadows. But I am over the moon that the 7 X camera has joined the HLG/d-log club and combined with the lens improvement (or at least DJI tweak thereof) 7 X times to me is now usable in pro-productions, given that we still all understand that it's a tiny lens on a tiny sensor and we can de-noise in post! 😎

Here is a 30 second HLG test clip from a FCPX timeline in Rec709, taken at Midday today, here in the Australian desert, de-noised via Neat Video but with no color grading/correction whatsoever. Not perfect but wow, is it better than the original Mavic 3, 7 X image!

Very nice!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman