DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.800 Firmware Experiences

No just put it in mavic and turn everything on inc app and RC and it will update itself in seconds

There is a battery update. Each battery requires updating through MP and App.
This thing sure is chatty. Seems every time I boot up it has some little nugget it feels worthy of sharing. Then lemme see counting the batteries about 7 updates this week? I got my MP Tuesday in a new shipment and it's been a couple of updates a day. Good grief! Then the last one tells me that it controls my craft for my own good in restricted space. So far it has not given me grief about the helipad 2 miles away...

So excuse me if this is a dumb question but why can't the batteries be updated through the charging hub by DJI Assistant?
The hub has a USB port yet is unrecognized by DJIA2. It also will not update the batteries when the MP is attached to the PC via USB with DJIA2. Seems mighty dumb to have to do certain updates like the battery and no-fly db through the full setup with phone, remote controller and RC link. Time consuming and I've had many aborted updates from unknown reasons. Gets old retrying updates then something mysteriously clicks and it's done...

I think that maybe at this period of time with the ever evolving hobby, that there is an increase in updates al la Windows 10.
It will settle down with fewer updates in future.
There has been the addition of Goggles, NFZ, Spark and extras that have required the updates.

Did a few tests with everything updated. I'm glad to report that 1080p60 has become usable. The footage looks fine. All framerates from 24 to 60 do. 1080p96 however shows weird artefacts, and the file has 23.97 fps in the metadata, so that's totally broken.

4k resolutions are also fine. DLOG with 0/0/0 stills shows a few watercolor effects in high contrast scenes; hard to tell if those are less then before or not. They are worse with -1/-1/-1, and not present with +1/0/0.

Downside of this update is that most settings have been reset to factory defaults, including camera settings. Make sure you go through all of them before flying.

Reactions: Vilco
hi guys ...
quick questions ... do u recommend to update the dji go app to its newest version ? is it possible without updating the FW ? and what r the Disadvantages by updating the dji app ? is it possible not to update the firmware and continue using the MP without any Implications.?

thanks for your help :)

Took mine out for a go first time after this update. It did not give me any grief about the heliport.
I did notice the extended "slide" when stopping. Got a few weird little messages like one that said increased interference fly with caution then abruptly went away never to come back. There was a road crew operating which was the only unusual thing.
The one thing that had me flustered was I was on the third flight first battery and it was at 33%. Flew about 300 ft across a building at about 150ft height and it started raising caine about low battery and tried to land immediately. I stopped the descent and flew back and initiated auto land which executed flawlessly. I still had like 22% after flying back and landing which as y'all know involves a bit of hovering on auto land. So needless to say I didn't let the next two batteries get that low.
Being a rookie pilot I'm not sure if this is "normal" behavior. My understanding was it would inform you and initiate a smart return - that's why it's an "intelligent" battery, right?
I'm about to review video but it also seemed to stop recording after only a few minutes. Maybe I fat fingered the trigger.

Reactions: NaiveFlight
I have just done a before/after from .700 to .800 and see no difference, still just as much aliasing.

I pretty much accidentally shot an activetrack test video today in 1080p60 and I don't see much of a difference. this clip isn't bad but it mostly shows up on buildings/fences etc..I do like the smooth motion though..

I pretty much accidentally shot an activetrack test video today in 1080p60 and I don't see much of a difference.

What image settings did you use? I tested with D-Log and +1/0/0. Especially keeping sharpening at +1 seems key to me to avoid blurry details, same as with 4k recordings in high contrast lighting.

What image settings did you use? I tested with D-Log and +1/0/0. Especially keeping sharpening at +1 seems key to me to avoid blurry details, same as with 4k recordings in high contrast lighting.

+1/-1/-1 D-Cinelike i think...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54