DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

85acres 2400images.....

JMarkT

Reactions
New to this and just completed a mapping project w M3E for a homesteading friend of mine. I'm on MacOS and played around w both WebODM and MapsMadeEasy for small test areas (~150 images) to dial in the altitude, speed, resolution settings. From what I've read both WebODM and MME have image upload restrictions.

Software suggestions for a 2400 image project??

2400 images is a lot for any of them to process. You might want to consider breaking the project into 4 quadrants. Easier to process and for your friend to view too.

New to this and just completed a mapping project w M3E for a homesteading friend of mine. I'm on MacOS and played around w both WebODM and MapsMadeEasy for small test areas (~150 images) to dial in the altitude, speed, resolution settings. From what I've read both WebODM and MME have image upload restrictions.

Software suggestions for a 2400 image project??
That's a lot of images.
You must have been flying much too low.
I just set up a dummy flight of 85 acres in DroneDeploy and at their default height of 246 ft and default 65% sidelap, 75% frontlap, that would generate 486 images.

I'd use Agisoft Metashape to processthe images but for 2400, it would take all week (almost).

I do a fair amount of mapping with DroneDeploy. I have mapped areas between 40 -80 acres, typically at 200’, using 85% frontlap and 80% sidelap. Image count around 2000. DD will process that in 24-30 hours, sometimes less. I have seen an M3e map and it is amazingly fast compared to an Inspire 2, shooting around 3 frames a second. The Inspire 2 is around a frame every two seconds. Technology marches forward.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki