DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

8th flight two questions

Joesonoma

Reactions
set aside the afternoon with the magic pro and the manual.

I thought learning waypoints might be a good thing.

Not in the manual. Mentions waypoints 7 times but no info on what it does where it is or how to use it.

Also --

The nth feature is one of the reasons I chose it - not the only reason but seems like a good feature for beginners so one doesn't have to panic.

I flew into a no fly airspace and rah feature wouldn't work. Thankfully ( AS SLIGHT PANIC SET IN ) I just watched for how far away or how closer the feet ( or meters ) were and was able to get back. I had picked a point to fly to and turn around and come back... was tricky knowing what direction I was flying, even thought I could see the point I flew to.

anyway

I would not mind a third party book that explained not only the features but how to use them, lots a variables to deal with and being up in the air might not be the best placed to screw with anything .

Im still trying to find easy places to fly and practice but it seems as if I will have to fly over water and inaccessible areas....

Ieas, suggestions comments....

thank you,
newbie Joe

Reactions: M2D2 and Dronage

Not in the manual. Mentions waypoints 7 times but no info on what it does where it is or how to use it.

Also --

The nth feature is one of the reasons I chose it - not the only reason but seems like a good feature for beginners so one doesn't have to panic.

I flew into a no fly airspace and rah feature wouldn't work. Thankfully ( AS SLIGHT PANIC SET IN ) I just watched for how far away or how closer the feet ( or meters ) were and was able to get back. I had picked a point to fly to and turn around and come back... was tricky knowing what direction I was flying, even thought I could see the point I flew to.

anyway

I would not mind a third party book that explained not only the features but how to use them, lots a variables to deal with and being up in the air might not be the best placed to screw with anything .

Im still trying to find easy places to fly and practice but it seems as if I will have to fly over water and inaccessible areas....

thank you,
newbie Joe

Hi. Joe,
I don't have a lot of computer savy or I would post the actual link. But here it is typed in,

syonyk.blogspot.com/2017/07/dji-mavic-pro-missing-handbook-waypoints.html ,last week I decided it would be good to know how to fly waypoints. No info from DJI on the subject. you can either download someone else's App or if you want to use DJI's software, that you already have, go to this website and read through the waypoint manual. It is an exact description of how waypoints work on the Mavic Pro. I had to read it twice to understand it .But it really is easy. First time I tried a waypoint mission I overlooked setting the options ( his screen captures didn't look exactly like my screen ) so it didn't give me control over somethings but it ran the route. The Author admits that the Mavic Pro waypoint software is not very powerful. But if it does what you want why bother learning another system. I figured it out in less than 2hrs including learning the options and test flying them on my drone.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Thank you for the info - good to know I’m not having a stroke not finding it on the manual

A mavic pro for dummies might be a good bet for someone to write !

Hi. Joe,
I don't have a lot of computer savy or I would post the actual link. But here it is typed in,

syonyk.blogspot.com/2017/07/dji-mavic-pro-missing-handbook-waypoints.html ,last week I decided it would be good to know how to fly waypoints. No info from DJI on the subject. you can either download someone else's App or if you want to use DJI's software, that you already have, go to this website and read through the waypoint manual. It is an exact description of how waypoints work on the Mavic Pro. I had to read it twice to understand it .But it really is easy. First time I tried a waypoint mission I overlooked setting the options ( his screen captures didn't look exactly like my screen ) so it didn't give me control over somethings but it ran the route. The Author admits that the Mavic Pro waypoint software is not very powerful. But if it does what you want why bother learning another system. I figured it out in less than 2hrs including learning the options and test flying them on my drone.
Click THIS for the link Terry63 posted

Reactions: Terry63

Also --

anyway

thank you,
newbie Joe

Hi, YouTube is a great place to find all things for drone flying.

My first thought was YouTube. Perform a search by drone type & topic of interest. Litchi app makes using waypoints much easier vs the DJI Go 4 app.

Reactions: Steve Murray

RTH return to home is an awsome option the first thing I tested after a little manual flying in Beginner Mode.

To work it must be turned on in the GO4 app settings. When you take off be sure you have a GPS lock. If you do then the aircraft will set home position when you take off. when I take off I hover at 6-10ft until I hear the lady tell me Home point is reset. Now the RTH will work if you use it.
When you are up in the sky and decide to use RTH push the RTH button on the DJI controller and hold it for awhile you will hear a sound followed by 2or 3 seconds of silence followed by 3 distinct beeps. don't let up on the button until after the beeps. The system will then announce that it is returning home.
Other things to remember.
Set home where there are no overhead obstructions.
Set the return to home altitude higher than any trees or other objects in your area.

The DJI Forum also has an online manual for the GO4 app Now with lot's of screen captures. I find the Forum, actually the whole DJI site, a little challenging to navigate but there is some good information there. When you find it book mark the page.

Reactions: Drgnfli
Waypoints 2.0. in fact does not support the Mavic Pro or the Mavic Pro does not support Waypoints 2.0.which ever way you want to look at it.

The GO4 app for the MP contains Waypoints as one of its intelligent flight modes and gives a description, but gives no direction as to how it is setup or what the settings do so it is not really useful for that particular flight mode.

However the " DJI GO4 Manual:The Pilots Hand book" is very useful for learing what all the different settings on the Mavic Pro do. It also covers all of the other Drones that use the app, so not every setting in it applies to the MP.

If you haven't discovered it yet,
Here is the link.

The manual that comes with the MP is only the tip of the Iceberg, Information wise.

I don't know if it also works on the mp but with the mp2 you can set way points with the drone in the air in the right position and tilt. Pressing the c1 button on the controller set the way point. In this way you don't need to go through all the settings and you are probably warned in advance for nfz.

I use waypoints a lot but never with the go app as it's clucky and needs to be done on the app controller. Litchi is the only way to do waypoint missions and I actually create missions on my PC to run in other countries. For instance I ran a series of long flights of several miles over the ocean to remote islands in Mexico. Those missions were done in advance from my PC 2000 miles away. You can also run the missions through Virtual Litchi Mission and see exactly how it will look real time. VLM is downloadable or you can use the VLM plugin for Chrome to do this. I run repetitive missions for our city mapping streets so having these missions saved and able to rerun at anytime is a real lifesaver.

Litchi is the only way to do waypoint missions
Litchi is only one of several waypoint apps of varying complexity. See DroneLink for example.

I flew into a no fly airspace and rah feature wouldn't work.
I would advise doing some study to understand NOTAMs and reading VNC aeronautical charts. Both should be checked before any aircraft leaves the ground, even for non-commercial pilots. It’s the only way to have the official information about no fly airspace.

I've been flying Litchi for waypoints with Mavic Pro and P4P for over two years. Don't leave home without it!

Use either "Airmap" or the"Kittyhawk" app to access the Low Altitude Authorization & Notification Capability {LAANC} app so you can see if there are any No-Fly Zones [NFZs], Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs) &/or airports in your vicinity & you can obtain authorization to fly also. It is easy to do once you create a profile! Do not fly "blind" at any time, ever! These apps will show you where you are & what is going on in the air around you. SERIOUSLY! Get yourself a beer & a comfortable lounge chair in front of your TV; access YouTube & lookup the bazillions of videos on your particular UAV & learn, learn, learn.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada