DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 A Blackbird's Flight, The Highland's Dream - Waterfalls on a Mountain Burn - An Garbh Alt, Sutherland

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
The first video from our Sutherland trip, a close-in flight up the An Garbh Alt highland burn, over waterfalls and pools, under trees and through rocks, bracken and heather - set to the wonderful 'Blackbird' music from Martyn Bennett - which gave the video the title of 'A Blackbird's Flight, The Highland's Dream'...

Captured early in the morning before the wind rose and became too strong for the AVATA to fly in, and flown in a single shot, revealing beauty that would otherwise be impossible to see...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Another great production!

Another great production!
Thank you... it was a fun flight, took 2 attempts, the first day just couldn't get in close as the wind was at 35mph, but the following morning was a lot better....

Well that was bloody awesome ! My god, the range on that thing ?!! How did that signal penetrate so many trees ?!!
Thanks... I have no idea how it does it, was at 2 bars for the upper flying, hence going higher up, and I stopped when it hit 1 bar transmission... Must have a good AVATA1, as its been a corker :)

Good grief - then that's even MORE impressive - aren't the AV1's famous for their rubbish range ?! You must have a rare turbo charged one ! FCC or CE just out of interest, and what would you say your maximum distance from you was ?
Bog standard out of the box, so EU CE, and I flew out for about 160 seconds at about 15 to 20 mph, so about 2/3rd of a mile in total... My Spotter was having fun, thankfully he has excellent eyesight...

Reactions: AeroJ
Well that was bloody awesome ! My god, the range on that thing ?!! How did that signal penetrate so many trees ?!!
I was thinking the same thing. Long range control is amazing. My 'old' drones would have lost signal part way up that stream...and would have stopped, gone straight up to my RTH altitude; and crashed into the trees right above it.
She always has great videos. Of course she has some great scenery to video too!!

• Love
Reactions: AlbionDrones
I was thinking the same thing. Long range control is amazing. My 'old' drones would have lost signal part way up that stream...and would have stopped, gone straight up to my RTH altitude; and crashed into the trees right above it.
She always has great videos. Of course she has some great scenery to video too!!
Thanks... I don't question how it works, just glad it does...

As to the scenery, this was 9 hrs from home, so captured when staying for a few nights with friends, more to come from that trip in the next few weeks :)

Thanks... I don't question how it works, just glad it does...

As to the scenery, this was 9 hrs from home, so captured when staying for a few nights with friends, more to come from that trip in the next few weeks :)
Well it certainly does work!!! I'm in the US, central Illinois...the flatlands. Wish we had some places like where you are. Keep sending those videos....

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Well it certainly does work!!! I'm in the US, central Illinois...the flatlands. Wish we had some places like where you are. Keep sending those videos....
Thanks, I shall do my best... hopefully one day we shall be living up there, and then will be able to capture footage much more regularly from the Highlands...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluffman2