DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A cloudy day when the clouds are low, do not fly into the clouds note to self.almost had a fly away ?

Arce101

Reactions
When I had the genius idea to fly up into the clouds bc they were so low and I said why not?what I came to realize was that when I tried to come down it wouldn’t let me go down in altitude. I received a warning that I was surrounded by a body of water or something and I started climbing in altitude very rapidly. Before I started to panic I remembered a utube video with a guy who had to same issue with his mavic air. But I was flying with the landing protection disabled so I really can’t figure out how that happened also I was in sport. It wasn’t until I disabled obstacle avoidance altogether that it finally let me descend.all I gotta say is Man U tube is your friend also this forum if anyone has any kind of issue with Mavic’s this forum and u tube has a lot of helpful information if it wasn’t for that I probably would of lost my drone.

Reactions: ff22
About how many feet and was it raining I got the drone back and it had moisture on it kinda wet that’s wat scared me

When I had the genius idea to fly up into the clouds bc they were so low and I said why not?what I came to realize was that when I tried to come down it wouldn’t let me go down in altitude. I received a warning that I was surrounded by a body of water or something and I started climbing in altitude very rapidly. Before I started to panic I remembered a utube video with a guy who had to same issue with his mavic air. But I was flying with the landing protection disabled so I really can’t figure out how that happened also I was in sport. It wasn’t until I disabled obstacle avoidance altogether that it finally let me descend.all I gotta say is Man U tube is your friend also this forum if anyone has any kind of issue with Mavic’s this forum and u tube has a lot of helpful information if it wasn’t for that I probably would of lost my drone.

Considering how many flights in the rain we have taken, I have never seen this type of warning your talking about.

" I received a warning that I was surrounded by a body of water
Can you elaborate on what the warning was .

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Considering how many flights in the rain we have taken, I have never seen this type of warning your talking about.

" I received a warning that I was surrounded by a body of water
Can you elaborate on what the warning was .

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Some people have really good vision

That's very true... and some people also have a super hero ability to stretch the truth to meet their story....

Reactions: Simmo
set T mode switch position into the ATTI - it helps to overcome most of issues very fast, as it disables almost entire intelligence of this device - only horizontal stabilization from the gyro will be left active.

Reactions: Once Year
"it disables almost entire intelligence of this device". Might as well match the the device with the pilot...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman