DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A couple interesting topics from @Pilotinstitute

Thanks for sharing! Watched it already.

sure does seem like there is enough momentum that there will be some form of a DJI ban and it could very well be DJI and Autel getting hammered. There is just too much bi-partisan support for some sort of action, and almost nothing gets bi-partisan support these days

whether any of it is actually justified on national security concerns (probably not) doesn't seem to matter at this point. There have been some hints that there is some classified data that indicates DJI has been doing some suspicious things. Maybe that's just part of the political circus; or maybe there is something to it

in any event, there seems to be a pretty good chance future DJI models will be banned and Autel could be part of it as well. Existing drone models? Murky forecast at this point

the Anzu news is completely unsurprising as those drones are a completely obvious attempt to evade the coming bans. Maybe the company will be able to put enough distance between itself and DJI to avoid the hammer, but I doubt it

sure does seem like there is enough momentum that there will be some form of a DJI ban and it could very well be DJI and Autel getting hammered. There is just too much bi-partisan support for some sort of action, and almost nothing gets bi-partisan support these days

whether any of it is actually justified on national security concerns (probably not) doesn't seem to matter at this point. There have been some hints that there is some classified data that indicates DJI has been doing some suspicious things. Maybe that's just part of the political circus; or maybe there is something to it

in any event, there seems to be a pretty good chance future DJI models will be banned and Autel could be part of it as well. Existing drone models? Murky forecast at this point

the Anzu news is completely unsurprising as those drones are a completely obvious attempt to evade the coming bans. Maybe the company will be able to put enough distance between itself and DJI to avoid the hammer, but I doubt it
The shape this country is in and this BS is all they are worried about!

I haven't read much about this as being from the UK it doesn't effect me but why are they banning drones in the USA are they saying China may be using them to spy on you if so what information do they think China are gaining on you as you cannot fly over military bases, airports and sensitive areas it seems crazy to me.

The possibility that china is spying on us is the reason being stated. It does seem far reaching, although there is some legitimacy to the concern, and china really cannot be trusted at all. Just because we "cannot fly over military bases, airports and sensitive areas" doesn't mean that everyone abides by that. If some American company could come along and present a line of drones that could compete with dji it would be great.
There were a few other topics discussed in the @pilotinstitute video....I thought people would be interested in the FAA fines, not just the ban information.

Just because we "cannot fly over military bases, airports and sensitive areas" doesn't mean that everyone abides by that.

So you will let them ban millions of drones and destroy peoples businesses and hobbies because a few idiots may be flying where they shouldn't what happened to the land of the free?

Reactions: jambros3
So you will let them ban millions of drones and destroy peoples businesses and hobbies because a few idiots may be flying where they shouldn't what happened to the land of the free?
They are using security as a cover to ban DJI products because other drone companies can't compete on price. And in an election, no US politician is going to be in favor of any action that favors a Chinese company. China losing control of its spy balloon last year didn't help.

Reactions: Max Headroom
It’s never been clear to me what data the PPC is thought to able to obtain from DJI drones. Are all the videos captured by DJI drones being uploaded to PLA intelligence and run through an algorithm that spits out footage of military installations and critical infrastructure? Seems far fetched to me. They probably get everything they need from spy satellites, balloons, signals intelligence, and open sources. And if they really want drone videos, it would be easier to have an agent just buy a non-Chinese drone and fly it over whatever they want video of. Speaking of balloons, it seems that our own government was basically ignoring them until the public got wind of them (pardon the pun) through media reports. This whole thing is just political grandstanding.

Reactions: Max Headroom
I haven't read much about this as being from the UK it doesn't effect me but why are they banning drones in the USA are they saying China may be using them to spy on you if so what information do they think China are gaining on you as you cannot fly over military bases, airports and sensitive areas it seems crazy to me.
are they going to ban Google Earth as well

Reactions: PhilJenkins
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabut