DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Consumables Post-Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
That may be the non-sequitur of the year.
As the one who posted that, I agree. I don't watch the news at home, but the lab where I work has a TV on 24/7, and I don't have to give you a clue as to what news company broadcasts this trash constantly, perhaps I should have not added it here. I do wish this Drone Bill and others did get some exposure since there may be hundreds of thousands of drone enthusiasts that are not aware of the Bill H.R. 2864 and we certainly need to reach out to all in any way possible.

I have informed two others of this , they were surprised the Bill existed.

How do you figure resale value will go UP? I would think if use of DJI products is banned in the US, value would plummet. But maybe there’s an aspect to this I am not seeing…
It's somewhat unclear if the proposed DJI sanctions would affect existing drones. If only new drones were prohibited, then the market for used drones would increase in value.

How do you figure resale value will go UP? I would think if use of DJI products is banned in the US, value would plummet. But maybe there’s an aspect to this I am not seeing…
Not only that, but if the FCC bans them, the banned equipment, including the drones and controllers, will likely become illegal to sell or offer for sale, as well as illegal to operate. You legally won’t be able to sell them. That’s what happened with owners of wireless microphones operating in the 700mhz band in the 2010s. Unless you want to risk a heavy fine, you’re stuck with your equipment.

Band on the Run: What the FCC’s 700MHz Ban Means to Wireless Mic Users​

Stay on topic folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dugan