DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini A couple of night photos with the Mini 4 Pro

Jman13

Reactions
Site
www.jsteelephotos.com
I took my new Mini 4 Pro out for some shots last night. I'm really liking this drone. With the plus batteries, flight times are fantastic, and the faster aperture helps at night. Biggest thing I'm noticing is that the lens on this is significantly sharper at the edges than my Air 2S. Getting really nice image quality overall. I think 48MP mode is a bit of a gimmick, though if you need the utmost resolution, it does get you more detail if you shoot that and then downsize to 12-20MP after...at full res, you just have some weird artifacts and such. However, the 12MP RAW, while not quite as detailed as a downsampled 48MP RAW, is very close, and much easier to deal with, so I think I'll shoot with that for most things. I also really like the ability to do native vertical shots without a crop. What a great little drone.

park_columbus.jpg

vets_night.jpg

(BTW, we need a Prefix update to include the Mini 4, since a prefix is required)

That is very impressive. Well done from both of you :)

Nice!

I took my new Mini 4 Pro out for some shots last night. I'm really liking this drone. With the plus batteries, flight times are fantastic, and the faster aperture helps at night. Biggest thing I'm noticing is that the lens on this is significantly sharper at the edges than my Air 2S. Getting really nice image quality overall. I think 48MP mode is a bit of a gimmick, though if you need the utmost resolution, it does get you more detail if you shoot that and then downsize to 12-20MP after...at full res, you just have some weird artifacts and such. However, the 12MP RAW, while not quite as detailed as a downsampled 48MP RAW, is very close, and much easier to deal with, so I think I'll shoot with that for most things. I also really like the ability to do native vertical shots without a crop. What a great little drone.

park_columbus.jpg

vets_night.jpg

(BTW, we need a Prefix update to include the Mini 4, since a prefix is required)
Great images! Well done. If I didn't already have a Mini 2 and M3 I'd consider it.

Dale

park_columbus.jpg

vets_night.jpg

These look great.

They look great!
Assume you were shooting 12MP RAW and other than that, what were your settings? These are what the d/l photo showed me:

Screenshot 2023-10-01 063438.png

Any any post-editing?

Last edited:
They look great!
Assume you were shooting 12MP RAW and other than that, what were your settings? These are what the d/l photo showed me:

View attachment 168798

Any any post-editing?
Just my standard RAW postproccessing in lightroom - these were a little dark, so I pushed shadows a bit and did some minor color tweaks. Because the pushed file had a bit of noise, I used Lightroom's new noise reduction. I do shoot in 12MP RAW most of the time, and did for this too. The 48MP files do give some detail advantage, but not a huge one, and I still downsample the 48MP files to around 24MP when I shoot them, because there is some artifacting at 48MP. As such, I use 12MP most of the time to just save time, as the resulting files are excellent. The EXIF data is accurate with regards to exposure.

Reactions: mrfish and PAW
great shots @Jman13 love the 2nd 1 it's futuristic.
Edit:
does this site downscale the images we upload or is that full res?

park_columbus.jpg

vets_night.jpg

What is the deep blue area on the right side of the second photo? Sky reflection in the river? It looks a bit weird..

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman