DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A couple of questions about activetrack

Jackcutrone

Reactions
I want to video an rc plane in flight. If the plane climbs will my mavic also climb to follow it or will the plane simply disappear from view?

Second if I am in sport mode will activetrack work? I know it can go faster and the front and downward sensors get shut off, does that prevent activetrack from working?

Thanks

For the first question - I believe it will try to track the plane only by moving gimbal upwards (+30deg) and after that it will lose the subject. Not mentioning that the Mavic will barely be able to keep up with the RC plane in Active Track where flight speed is pretty limited compared with normal or sport mode.

And for the second question - unfortunately, no. After switching to Sport mode, the Intelligent flight mode button disappears from screen and you have no way to enter Active track mode. On the other way - if you switch to sport mode when Active track is running, it will stop and switch to Sport mode instantly.

Thanks so much for your reply. I will have to ask the pilot to stay in slow flight. Different speeds between the two is why I asked about sport mode. I may give it a shot in sports mode and try to keep up with it myself.

You can try to fly it manually. It's definitely more difficult to do but you can get couple nice shots. Just keep your distance from the airplane since it's extremely difficult to determine the distance when both objects will be in the air and constantly moving.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU