DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A few observations

kmaluo

Reactions
I apologize if these have been discussed before...

The controller will only charge your display until it reaches a certain percentage. Makes sense since you wouldn't want your phone charging when the controller is at 5 percent. I'll try to figure out what that percentage is.

The front motors get a lot hotter than the back ones when hovering for periods of time. I remember reading that the Mavic is more efficient in forward flight, so that makes sense.

I can't get rid of the Focus/exposure icon in full screen mode. Anyone know how to remove these?

The main battery sits for quite a while at 4 flashing lights before turning off fully charged. I know it takes time balancing the cells at the end, but I'll be experimenting when I can pull the battery off early when full voltage is virtually achieved when I'm in a rush. I will be letting it balance every other time.

Hi,thank you for your comments. These are small details you can't easily find in any of the past unboxing / review videos.

I would like to ask people who have received their Mavics start giving us more details while we the rest are waiting for ours .

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I apologize if these have been discussed before...
The front motors get a lot hotter than the back ones when hovering for periods of time. I remember reading that the Mavic is more efficient in forward flight, so that makes sense.
Have you noticed the geometry of the rotors, there is quite a large longitudinal non-alignment between the front and rear rotors, that is, the axis of the motors (and therefore props) are 'out'. I'm reasonably sure this is how they get a longer flight time over the hover time, so it would make sense that this 'misalignment' is why the front motors are running hotter when hovering. (One of the many bright sparks in DJI thinking out of the box on this one)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent