DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A few questions from a bit of a noob

jpd1903

Reactions
Hi, DJI Mavic Pro user and love it.
Am taking it to South America to visit a family member and get some shots of their property.
I am aware of geo fencing no-fly zones - are there examples of entire countries where this is the case or huge areas? (I'm going to Bolivia). Will the drone work in Bolivia? Is it possible to remove the 500m altitude limit? I would like to get some really high shots and there is now aircraft movement at all where I'm going. Do I need to consider anything other than normal drone good practice when taking the drone abroad?

Secondly, airports - I don't have a carry case. Will remove batteries and propellers - hand luggage ok?

Lastly. Is there such thing as a solar charger for these batteries? I am going to some quite remote areas.

Sorry if all of these sort of questions have previously been answers.
Thank you.

Have you plugged the addresses into Airmap? Home - AirMap

I don't think the TSA cares if you have a case or not, as long as it's in your carry on luggage, and not checked.

There are lots of power banks out there that have some degree of solar recharging - a lot of them aren't going to fit into your carry on luggage. Some of the smaller ones will. Google 'solar charging station' and you'll see what I mean.

I can't really help you with the legalities in the places you're going - the internet is going to be your friend there, too - Master List of Drone Laws (Organized by State / Country) l UAV Coach

Super jelly that you're flying in some exotic places!! Good luck!

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50