DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 A First Attempt

55Kevy

Reactions
Little did I realize what I was getting myself into when I purchased a Mini 2 in July. First there was learning to fly and thank goodness the M2 is so easy and forgiving. I'm still on that learning curve as you will see from the attached video. But then I had to learn video editing! Yikes... I tried Adobe Premiere Pro and found it too daunting, even with training vids. I've settled on Cyberlink PowerDirector and Epidemic sound for music. I thank Russ at @51 Drones for his helpful vids and Gene at @Gene's Therapy for the training vids. Anyhoo here's the first video I think is worth sharing.

Thanks,
Kevin

Little did I realize what I was getting myself into when I purchased a Mini 2 in July. First there was learning to fly and thank goodness the M2 is so easy and forgiving. I'm still on that learning curve as you will see from the attached video. But then I had to learn video editing! Yikes... I tried Adobe Premiere Pro and found it too daunting, even with training vids. I've settled on Cyberlink PowerDirector and Epidemic sound for music. I thank Russ at @51 Drones for his helpful vids and Gene at @Gene's Therapy for the training vids. Anyhoo here's the first video I think is worth sharing.

Thanks,
Kevin
Hi Kevin:

Well, you have a fairly good start. We all go through that learning curve. My comments on this video would be as follows;
Why did you stop this nice circle you were doing, haltingly, then restart it? Same with the abrupt change in music track to a Walz in the midst of your tree-circling? I would not have persisted with another circle of the tree. Once was enough. The colors are a bit off. Somewhat subdued. They need some increase in the brightness or contrast or saturation, or something.

I would have stuck with Premiere Pro but I agree it is very daunting to learn. It took me several years to find an appropriate teacher for Premiere, but now I love it. Many here on the forum swear by the free version of DaVinci Resolve 17.

Dale
Miami

Hi Kevin:

Well, you have a fairly good start. We all go through that learning curve. My comments on this video would be as follows;
Why did you stop this nice circle you were doing, haltingly, then restart it? Same with the abrupt change in music track to a Walz in the midst of your tree-circling? I would not have persisted with another circle of the tree. Once was enough. The colors are a bit off. Somewhat subdued. They need some increase in the brightness or contrast or saturation, or something.

I would have stuck with Premiere Pro but I agree it is very daunting to learn. It took me several years to find an appropriate teacher for Premiere, but now I love it. Many here on the forum swear by the free version of DaVinci Resolve 17.

Dale
Miami
Thank you for your comments Dale. I think I fell into the trap of trying to do too much in one go. And I didn't even think to do anything to edit the color/exposure of the video. Lots to learn...

K

Reactions: 4006448
Practice makes perfect! Keep it up and thanks for sharing

Good start but I'd leave out those gimmicks of the supposed flock of birds flying through the scene, noticed several times.

Good start but I'd leave out those gimmicks of the supposed flock of birds flying through the scene, noticed several times.
Actually, those aren't gimmicks: those were actual flocks of birds that I didn't even notice while flying.

Reactions: GFields
Actually, those aren't gimmicks: those were actual flocks of birds that I didn't even notice while flying.
Ohh they didn't seem to move like a flock of birds, they were too fast looking plus in another section they seemed to go one way then suddenly be immediately going the other way a fraction of a second afterwards. I'll have to look at that in slow motion.

I see them more when I slow it down, they are in a number of sections. Very fast flying, maybe a bunch of swallows or something. I thought at first that might have been an effect that your editing suite allowed you to install.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser