DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A heart stopping moment

Soxer123

Reactions
I;ve been practising my flying skills with my Mavic Air for about 4 months now, which in hours isn't that much the way the weather has been. A lot of this has been at Barr Beacon, which is on the edge of a restricted area, as planes fly over on the approach to Birmingham airport (they are still quite high).

I've never had any problems until today. First I got a sterner warning on my screen about airspace but saying fly with caution.

Flew at about forty feet and about 500 feet away, no line of sight due to trees, I lost connection.

This has never happened before and my heart was in my mouth. The drone landed and fortunately on flat soft ground. Like I say it was only about 600 feet away, but it does make me wonder just what caused that.

Are there any particular factors that might cause this ? There are masts up there, but I've never had a problem before and I don't fly near them or the pylons some distance away.

Any hints on the possibilities, as I am scared of going back there now.

Keith

Hey mate, sad to say it, but you already know!..
'Flew at about forty feet and about 500 feet away, no line of sight due to trees, I lost connection.'
The Air uses 'enhanced wifi' and is no where near as good as occusync...

Reactions: mrkipling
I would set it return home not land, you don’t know condition of landing area.

I would set it return home not land, you don’t know condition of landing area.
I did hit that button in an instant and it didn't return home. Like I said, I saw a red bar top left of my screen and it said connection lost. I started walking towards the direction and it didn't recover. Still puzzled, I've flowin that area loads and a longer distance than 500 feet

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midlifecrisis77