DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Little excitement on my flight yesterday

Tbredhed

Reactions
Was the nicest day we've had in a couple of months, 1C/34F here, so I decided to fly outside for only the second time. What I forgot was how truly horrible ipad/iPhone is when the temps are even a bit cool. I was about 10 minutes into my flight when all of a sudden my ipad just shut down, I quickly checked the controller and all the telemetry was still being displayed.

Went inside and grabbed my Note 8 and connected back up and finished my flight, about another 15 minutes of flying.

My Note 8 never gives me any issues in the cold whereas my wife's iPhone quits working in the cold even when it's in her pocket.

Odd, I have never had an apple iphone/ipad shut down due to cold OR heat, and I have been using them for almost 8 years... and on my Mavic for almost a year.

Old iPhone batteries are horrible in the cold. I just got back from a trip to Northern Japan where I was flying in -18C temps. My new iPhone X held it's battery just fine while exposed to the cold, but their 3+ year old phones would shut down very quickly.

Reactions: Kilrah
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_