DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A little video from Africa

bzmot

Reactions
Hey guys. We recently did a little trip to ZA, Zimbabwe and Zambia and I just compiled a video from that trip. Hope you guys enjoy. A little note: for Vic Falls I had to fly only at lunchtime, when the choppers take a break. Otherwise it's impossible, they fly all the time. Mavic 2 Zoom.

Wow, spectacular! You were able to capture some fabulous shots and in my opinion did an excellent job of editing. At first I didn't like the split screen lead-in but it really did introduce a lot of subject matter that provided some curiosity and so for me it all worked! Great job!

Nice Vid.

Reactions: bzmot
Hey guys. We recently did a little trip to ZA, Zimbabwe and Zambia and I just compiled a video from that trip. Hope you guys enjoy. A little note: for Vic Falls I had to fly only at lunchtime, when the choppers take a break. Otherwise it's impossible, they fly all the time. Mavic 2 Zoom.

Very nice editing

Very good, some great shots there, but most I liked was the fast paste editing. Good rhythm with short shots keep moving.

Wow! I absolutely LOVED your Africa video. Having been to just about every African nation (Zimbabwe,Zambia, So. Africa,Uganda, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda,Tanzania,Kenya,Botswana) more than once (total 10 visits) I was blown away by your video. I am going back there in 2 weeks , this time for a photo safari in Zambia (South Luangwa River) with professional photographer, and then to Madagascar. I have been wrestling with the decision to take my Mavic Air and am fully cognizant of the possibility of confiscation at customs.

On another note, please tell me the plug in you used for your multi-image title introduction.I am using Adobe Premier Pro for video editing, Planning on doing multi-video in Africa (Osmo Action, iPhone XsMax, Nikon D750 video capabilities), plus regular stills with Nikon D750.

Attachments

• 001-Male Leopard-Duma Tau-AFR_1301.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 14
Awesome video, that brings back a million memories. That white water rafting at Vic Falls is exhilarating, the climb out of the canyon at the end is a killer ?

Did you take that photo in the attachment? It is simply stunning, both in terms of technical quality and luck!

I just animated the transform effect in FCPX using key frames. Kinda bummed it didn’t come out as smooth as I’d hoped. Gonna have to investigate this.

Thanks for all you guys comments they mean a lot. I wish I could take all this credit. I do realize, however, that the songs make for at least half of the impact of this video. You can’t go wrong with Coldplay.

Wow! I absolutely LOVED your Africa video. Having been to just about every African nation (Zimbabwe,Zambia, So. Africa,Uganda, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda,Tanzania,Kenya,Botswana) more than once (total 10 visits) I was blown away by your video. I am going back there in 2 weeks , this time for a photo safari in Zambia (South Luangwa River) with professional photographer, and then to Madagascar. I have been wrestling with the decision to take my Mavic Air and am fully cognizant of the possibility of confiscation at customs.

On another note, please tell me the plug in you used for your multi-image title introduction.I am using Adobe Premier Pro for video editing, Planning on doing multi-video in Africa (Osmo Action, iPhone XsMax, Nikon D750 video capabilities), plus regular stills with Nikon D750.

Last edited:

Thought I'd pitch in with my two cents: With Premiere you can do it "manually" by placing all of the videos you want to play "together", each on it's own video track, stacked one above the other. Then using the effects window you would scale and position the location where each clip will play. You can control when each clip comes or leaves the main viewer by sliding the clip along the timeline.

That’s exactly how you do it in Final Cut too. But for some reason it fell a bit short of my expectations...

Great video, I am sure your wife's leg was attached to a rope (I Hope) while on the edge of that falls.

Haha no, but you’re right, there was a big muscly guide behind her holding her feet

That’s exactly how you do it in Final Cut too. But for some reason it fell a bit short of my expectations...
Yep I suspected that was how you did it with FCP. Dale D was asking about a plug-in and maybe there is something out there but I've always had to setup everything up "by hand" to get the look I was trying to achieve. It can be a pain to get things scaled, key framed and lined up and sometimes one or more of the clips might have some linear element in the images that doesn't give a clean look with the neighboring clips.

Very nice. Did the waterfall at around the 5 min mark defy gravity and flow up? or was that my imagination.

yes, it’s the Southern Hemisphere everything’s a bit different :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej