DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s A Little Video Using Dashware

Jagerbomb52

Reactions
Where I am flying from used to be a very large tree farm. Back in the sixties as a cub scout each year we would spend a weekend out there planting trees and camping out. Great times. Over the years the gravel company next to the tree farm started buying up the land from the Great Lakes Forest Company. Not much left of the tree farm and the land the gravel company took over looks like the moons surface. Striped of all trees and the top soil. Pretty sad. The other side of the river has always been farm land and still is to this day.

A couple of questions: Do you ingest the flight log data and the program generates the overlays? How much customization can you do to the widgets and what does or does not get displayed?

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
A couple of questions: Do you ingest the flight log data and the program generates the overlays? How much customization can you do to the widgets and what does or does not get displayed?
@zeusfl has a few tutorials out on youtube. He is very helpful if you have questions. I suggest follow one of the many tutorials on youtube and get the basics down. Once your learning curve expands you can start changing pretty much anything as long as you know what your doing lol. Dashware is fun to play with but rendering 5K video is a pain in the butt. Just remember Dashware is not supported anymore so there are not going to be any updates to the program but its free.

Reactions: zeusfl
That is correct. Dashware actually has been purchased and abandoned by GoPro.

The only support is by followers and fans.

Yes you ingest the flight log (GPX or CSV) from airdata but it dos not generate overslays or templates automatically. You can have saved templates or use a generic one that has the gauges you would like to use. Some gauges are preassigned to the telemetry value already. Some are not and you have to edit the gauge (pretty easy to do) and add what you want it to display. You can also make your own gauges (a little over my head) but I really struggle with this one. Below is the option to change or add to a gauge. So basically what ever is in the flight data ( telemetry ) can be displayed.

Screenshot (103).png

Reactions: Tufargon
Where I am flying from used to be a very large tree farm. Back in the sixties as a cub scout each year we would spend a weekend out there planting trees and camping out. Great times. Over the years the gravel company next to the tree farm started buying up the land from the Great Lakes Forest Company. Not much left of the tree farm and the land the gravel company took over looks like the moons surface. Striped of all trees and the top soil. Pretty sad. The other side of the river has always been farm land and still is to this day.
Hello Old Guy on a Couch, I like your nickname 👍😉

I liked your video very much! The music also fits very well with the fantastic images! The area is wonderful and radiates peace. Very sad story about the area, money rules more and more the world! It is sad what we humans do to Mother Earth! 😥
Unfortunately, the colors are a bit "washed out". You could still enhance the positive effect of the very beautiful pictures! How?
Quite simply. Correct the colors a bit. It is enough to increase the saturation/contrast a bit.
I've downloaded your video and I've changed the colors a little bit in a small part of it. I hope you won't be mad at me for that!
On the right you can see the corrected video, on the left the original one.

Cheers Paul

Last edited:
Yes I noticed it was a little washed out. Funny as it was in HLG and on auto. Most times it is to saturated. Especially the greens. It was a very bright sunny day so that might have been the problem.
Thanks for the improvement. My internet speed sucks out here in the country so really not worth my time to redo and upload it.

No problem Jagerbomb! I either wouldn´t do it if my internet were so sucking slow 😉
cheers Paul
Well since it was raining all day today I decided to try my hand at fixing this video. Color grading is not one of my best skills. lol
Uploaded at a lower resolution so my internet was not sucking to much.

Well since it was raining all day today I decided to try my hand at fixing this video. Color grading is not one of my best skills. lol
Uploaded at a lower resolution so my internet was not sucking to much.
now it looks much better! The effort was worth it! I think you've got the grading down pat, that's all you need to do, especially since an edited video stands out from the countless unedited ones you see!
Thanks for showing, and I'm glad I encouraged you to improve the video. 😉

What region of Canada do you live in? I have also been to Canada four times, an absolutely fantastic country 👍
cheers, Paul a Swissman living in Southern Germany

now it looks much better! The effort was worth it! I think you've got the grading down pat, that's all you need to do, especially since an edited video stands out from the countless unedited ones you see!
Thanks for showing, and I'm glad I encouraged you to improve the video. 😉

What region of Canada do you live in? I have also been to Canada four times, an absolutely fantastic country 👍
cheers, Paul a Swissman living in Southern Germany
Thanks man
I live 35 miles out from the farthest shipping port on Lake Superior called Thunder Bay. I'm in a small village called Kakabeka Falls which is famous for the water falls and provincial park next door to me.

Thanks man
I live 35 miles out from the farthest shipping port on Lake Superior called Thunder Bay. I'm in a small village called Kakabeka Falls which is famous for the water falls and provincial park next door to me.
you´r welcome!
Wow the falls are huge, (had a look on Google Earth) amazing location in the "outback" 😉 The falls could almost be the little brother of the Niagara falls! You really live in a fantastic region man 👍
cheers Paul

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green