DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Capital Cross Classic Cyclocross bike race just outside Washington, DC

BobaFut

Reactions
For those of you unfamiliar, cyclocross (CX) is a type of multi-surface bike racing along relatively short courses, usually in parks. The courses include paved roads/sidewalks, grass, gravel, and mud, as well as obstacles like steps, hills, and barriers that riders have to contend with. This particular race is in a lovely park (Lake Fairfax in Reston) that sits on a sliver of land that is literally a few hundred feet outside of DC's Flight Restriction Zone (and also a few hundred feet outside of Dulles' controlled airspace), so it's a great place to fly. The way the park is configured, with a large lake adjacent to the racecourse and lots of trees, allows for filming without hovering over people or flying back-and-forth over spectators, although that did limit the variety of shots I was able to get. The overhead and panning shots were all with my Air2S, and I was also able to put my new Avata to good use with a few FPV shots. I really want to do more FPV stuff with CX and mountain biking in the area, so this made for some good practice even though I had to keep my distance from the racers.

Thanks for posting; really enjoyed watching some local stuff! Enjoy safe and happy flying!

Reactions: BobaFut
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan