DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 A misty winter day (image)

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Most of my posts are mountains, glaciers and such but sometimes I am taken by things less dramatic. A 15sec flight down the slough in back of our house brought me this image that I enjoy. The antithesis of dramatic. BTW - Just to the left of the bottom left corner is the winter home to a local fox. I would never have known that if not for my drone that allows me to follow his tracks all about.

DJI_0003.jpeg

very nice image- I am cold just looking at it
Dale
Miami

Most of my posts are mountains, glaciers and such but sometimes I am taken by things less dramatic. A 15sec flight down the slough in back of our house brought me this image that I enjoy. The antithesis of dramatic. BTW - Just to the left of the bottom left corner is the winter home to a local fox. I would never have known that if not for my drone that allows me to follow his tracks all about.

View attachment 162645
Beautiful picture 🎅🏻

I have no idea what the temp was that day but it's possible it was ice fog that often forms when it gets below -40F. Interestingly that is the only thing that closes schools as it's not safe for kids to stand around at the bus stops when it's so foggy. If there is any breeze at -50F (unusual) to dissipate the ice fog then school is no problem. We chuckle to hear about schools Outside closing at temps like 20F and such or closing because it snowed. What a hoot. There is a funny phenomena when it gets cold ie -30F or so with car tires that have sat outside all night going thump thump thump on the flat part that the car sat on all night. It eventually is beat into submission. We call it "driving on squares". It's really, really nice to have a heated garage here.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom