DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A NEW DJI FLY APP UPDATE (1.5.1)(VS.-1980)

CLAYB.7

Reactions
Hey Guys I got up this morning and I went to check the DJI FLY APP for a update like I always do especially with what they have been doing as of late and low and behold it was a prompt for me to do a update and of course I did but I have not had a chance to go out and test it yet but I am charging my battery now and I will go and test it out and I will let you guys know how it goes the app is DJI FLY APP UPDATE FOR ANDROID (1.5.1) VERSION (1980) and hopefully it will go and do just what it is supposed to do so stay tuned and I'll let you guys know unless someone beats me to it GOD BLESS ✝️ SINCERELY CLAY B.

Apparently only for android. No IOS available yet.

Maybe they will bring back the on screen notification for exposure lock for video? I am waiting this for over 3 or 4 months......

Reactions: CLAYB.7
Hey Guys I got up this morning and I went to check the DJI FLY APP for a update like I always do especially with what they have been doing as of late and low and behold it was a prompt for me to do a update and of course I did but I have not had a chance to go out and test it yet but I am charging my battery now and I will go and test it out and I will let you guys know how it goes the app is DJI FLY APP UPDATE FOR ANDROID (1.5.1) VERSION (1980) and hopefully it will go and do just what it is supposed to do so stay tuned and I'll let you guys know unless someone beats me to it GOD BLESS ✝️ SINCERELY CLAY B.
Ok Guys I finally got a chance to go out and fly my MINI 2 and I can say that they have finally got it back up to almost perfect for ANDROID as far as I can tell so far I do want to check out a few more things but I'll have to do it tomorrow and I'll have a lot more time to go flying than I did today but for what it is worth it is a whole lot better than it has been and that is for sure for things like RTH landing on point and the front light doing the settings you want it to like breathing function and color change and my videos and pictures syncing with my AIR DATA APP but I'm happy so far I'll hit you up tomorrow and let you guys know what else I've found God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

Reactions: AG Flights
Ok Guys I finally got a chance to go out and fly my MINI 2 and I can say that they have finally got it back up to almost perfect for ANDROID as far as I can tell so far I do want to check out a few more things but I'll have to do it tomorrow and I'll have a lot more time to go flying than I did today but for what it is worth it is a whole lot better than it has been and that is for sure for things like RTH landing on point and the front light doing the settings you want it to like breathing function and color change and my videos and pictures syncing with my AIR DATA APP but I'm happy so far I'll hit you up tomorrow and let you guys know what else I've found God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.
Thanks for checking out! I am glad that the useless front led it's working.... What a gimmick. Exposure lock notification? Any news?

Thanks for checking out! I am glad that the useless front led it's working.... What a gimmick. Exposure lock notification? Any news?
Yeah Brother from what I have been seeing is that some are working and some are not but mine seems to be working ok here in the States (South Carolina) and I have seen where some places over in the (U.K.) are not functioning properly and then again some are working right and the one thing that I am doing right before I do the update is I'm totally clearing out my CACHE to (0) and I have told this to other pilots like yourself and with some of them it worked for them like it did for me and for the other pilots it was not doing anything for them but so far so good with this update and also with the (E.L.) I do know that it was not working at all as far as being able to change it to anything at all the only thing that it was doing at the time in the older updates is that it would stay on the same old setting that you had it on before you did the update, but now it seems to be able to be changed to what ever you want it to be changed to and also I'm having to rely on my Dad for anything for APPLE IOS cuz he's running a IPAD MINI 5 for his flying of his (MAVIC-MINI-2) and of course I am running my (MAVIC-MINI-2) with ANDROID through my GALAXY NOTE 10 and speaking of I'm going in the morning to Best Buy to get my new phone which I'm going with a new (GALAXY NOTE 20 ULTRA) I found it on sale at Best Buy and normally it's ($1200.00) but it's on sale for ($899.99) so I will end up getting a new phone and a new bigger screen to see my live video feed through with the difference being this my present (GALAXY NOTE 10) has a screen size of (6.3) inches and the new (GALAXY NOTE 20 ULTRA) has a screen size of (6.9) inches almost a perfect (7.0) inches but it will definitely do the job and in that way I don't have to go out and get a little tablet or something else like that just having to spend more money but anyway I'll let you know what happens in the morning God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

Yeah Brother from what I have been seeing is that some are working and some are not but mine seems to be working ok here in the States (South Carolina) and I have seen where some places over in the (U.K.) are not functioning properly and then again some are working right and the one thing that I am doing right before I do the update is I'm totally clearing out my CACHE to (0) and I have told this to other pilots like yourself and with some of them it worked for them like it did for me and for the other pilots it was not doing anything for them but so far so good with this update and also with the (E.L.) I do know that it was not working at all as far as being able to change it to anything at all the only thing that it was doing at the time in the older updates is that it would stay on the same old setting that you had it on before you did the update, but now it seems to be able to be changed to what ever you want it to be changed to and also I'm having to rely on my Dad for anything for APPLE IOS cuz he's running a IPAD MINI 5 for his flying of his (MAVIC-MINI-2) and of course I am running my (MAVIC-MINI-2) with ANDROID through my GALAXY NOTE 10 and speaking of I'm going in the morning to Best Buy to get my new phone which I'm going with a new (GALAXY NOTE 20 ULTRA) I found it on sale at Best Buy and normally it's ($1200.00) but it's on sale for ($899.99) so I will end up getting a new phone and a new bigger screen to see my live video feed through with the difference being this my present (GALAXY NOTE 10) has a screen size of (6.3) inches and the new (GALAXY NOTE 20 ULTRA) has a screen size of (6.9) inches almost a perfect (7.0) inches but it will definitely do the job and in that way I don't have to go out and get a little tablet or something else like that just having to spend more money but anyway I'll let you know what happens in the morning God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.
Thank you very much for the update and congrats on your new phone. I hope that the fly app will work flawlessly on this device.

Thank you very much for the update and congrats on your new phone. I hope that the fly app will work flawlessly on this device.
Thank You and from everything I have read on it and all of the videos I have been watching it should work really well my biggest hope is that it will be bright enough during the really sunny days and I also hope that the sun shade that I bought a while back for the phone I have right now will still fit my new phone it does look like it is going to work out with no issues and I'll let you know how it goes and Thank You again😎! and God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

The app prompted me to update, it downloaded the file then nothing! No prompt to install, nothing. Any ideas why?

All OK with my MA2 kit post update to 1.5.0. Think there was a firmware update too for the drone. Worth a check and perhaps fire it up at home with wifi before you go out with it.

Ok it came up with update available again and this time it installed

After the update, DJI Fly shows the time remaining to landing when I hit RTH on my Mini-2.

Cool feature!

TCS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27