DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 A not 360…360 Matanuska Glacier

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
OK…this was shot as a 360 but I have no software on the road to make it a “real” 360 so here it is flattened. Still think it’s nice except the sky is particularly weird :).
F593765D-2795-45E6-AF5A-E7503FEBB798.jpeg

The sky banding is unfortunate, but definitely fixable in Photoshop. Cool shot! Have you thought about re-stitching the raw files with a less "aggressive" projection? Centering the glacier and sun in frame could be quite cool.

Reactions: Gagey52
The sky banding is unfortunate, but definitely fixable in Photoshop. Cool shot! Have you thought about re-stitching the raw files with a less "aggressive" projection? Centering the glacier and sun in frame could be quite cool.
I think the sky banding was, perhaps, a result of shooting on auto but I haven’t done enough 360 to be sure of that. DJI does a nice job of created a properly metatagged 360 so posting directly to Facebook works. It’s been my experience that if I work up the raw images and save out a pano I have to use another program to “inject” the metadata and what not and it has to be the correct dimensions etc etc. I have not found a simple workflow for creating 360images outputted from LR but I have admittedly not worked at it too hard :).

I think the sky banding was, perhaps, a result of shooting on auto but I haven’t done enough 360 to be sure of that. DJI does a nice job of created a properly metatagged 360 so posting directly to Facebook works. It’s been my experience that if I work up the raw images and save out a pano I have to use another program to “inject” the metadata and what not and it has to be the correct dimensions etc etc. I have not found a simple workflow for creating 360images outputted from LR but I have admittedly not worked at it too hard :).
Yeah, changes in the exposure can definitely cause problems with panos. Still an awesome shot! I'd love to see DJI implement an easier way to lock exposure in panos (that honestly should be a default behavior).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALEXANDRE MARAN GREGOLIN