DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A question about Range extenders

The 9dBi antennas are also a very wise decision on your part. I have these and they help push the Omni signal out even further.

I have my Titan Switch antenna system mounted on a tripod with my home made sunshade attached to it with 6' cables so I have nothing hanging on the RC. I also have 20' cables that I can hook up to it so I can fly from inside my house on very cold or hot days.

I love this setup!

View attachment 56300View attachment 56301

I REALLY LIKE your setup! What make is the tripod? I've been researching tripods under $100 that would be robust enough to handle the weight and rougher handling in the back country. My Titan Switch should arrive tomorrow and I'm anxious to try a local test flight that I planned in Mission Planner and have flown three times using Litchi and my existing Itelite NanoSync antenna system.

The flight has been saved and I flew a mission yesterday with the Litchi screen recording activated. Now I have to find and download the file folder where that video is stored. The recorded mission video shot at 2.7k and using AF was fine, and downloaded to my iCloud account. The farthest mission waypoint is over a mile away and the flight time in a previous flight with a 12 mph headwind took around 13 minutes, with cruise speed set for 17 mph. Ground speed was about 9 mph going into the wind, and about 22 mph coming back.

I flew it again yesterday with calm wind and cruise set for 22 mph up to the first of 4 waypoints, then down to around 11 mph between the next three, and around 27 mph for the 5500 or so feet for return. All flights set at 100' AG.

The NanoSync dropped control and eventually video feed at around 3000' out, so I had to rely on faith that the bird and mission plan would execute as planned. Sure enough, about 5 minutes later the video and control returned for the mid-point of the return leg. If I can get to the screen recording of the last Litchi mission I'll edit it and post.

This is VERY exciting as I can plan missions to use as a benchmark for testing antennas and batteries while recording the controller screen video.

I REALLY LIKE your setup! What make is the tripod? I've been researching tripods under $100 that would be robust enough to handle the weight and rougher handling in the back country. My Titan Switch should arrive tomorrow and I'm anxious to try a local test flight that I planned in Mission Planner and have flown three times using Litchi and my existing Itelite NanoSync antenna system.

The flight has been saved and I flew a mission yesterday with the Litchi screen recording activated. Now I have to find and download the file folder where that video is stored. The recorded mission video shot at 2.7k and using AF was fine, and downloaded to my iCloud account. The farthest mission waypoint is over a mile away and the flight time in a previous flight with a 12 mph headwind took around 13 minutes, with cruise speed set for 17 mph. Ground speed was about 9 mph going into the wind, and about 22 mph coming back.

I flew it again yesterday with calm wind and cruise set for 22 mph up to the first of 4 waypoints, then down to around 11 mph between the next three, and around 27 mph for the 5500 or so feet for return. All flights set at 100' AG.

The NanoSync dropped control and eventually video feed at around 3000' out, so I had to rely on faith that the bird and mission plan would execute as planned. Sure enough, about 5 minutes later the video and control returned for the mid-point of the return leg. If I can get to the screen recording of the last Litchi mission I'll edit it and post.

This is VERY exciting as I can plan missions to use as a benchmark for testing antennas and batteries while recording the controller screen video.

Almost any tripod will work with the Titan Switch antenna system (very little weight involved).
I just bought another one on e-bay for around $16.00 shipped.
(63" Professional Travel Tripod Pan Tilt Head Flip Lock for DSLR Camera Camcorder)

But to use the tripod with your Titan Switch antenna system you will need to order the "T Lock Bracket Assembly" from Titan so you can mount it to your tripod.
https://www.commandcase.com/online-store/T-Lock-Bracket-Assembly-p77592760

Reactions: iowahill
Almost any tripod will work with the Titan Switch antenna system (very little weight involved).
I just bought another one on e-bay for around $16.00 shipped.
(63" Professional Travel Tripod Pan Tilt Head Flip Lock for DSLR Camera Camcorder)

But to use the tripod with your Titan Switch antenna system you will need to order the "T Lock Bracket Assembly" from Titan so you can mount it to your tripod.
https://www.commandcase.com/online-store/T-Lock-Bracket-Assembly-p77592760

Just now ordered the T mount. As Gert Frobe said in "Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines", "Nothing is impossible for the follower."

Reactions: sea157
BTW, I ordered the dual battery adapter AND the neat little plastic saddle that holds the dual batteries from MAXX. Should be here Friday.

I understand this is an old thread. However, when trying to decide what type and the amount of gain you want from an omni-directional antenna it's important to understand what type of power radiation pattern the antenna delivers. Here's a link you might want to look at and study:Omni WiFi Antenna - 8 dB Wireless 2.4GHz | RadioLabs

Attachments

• Omni radiation patterns.JPG
    Omni radiation patterns.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 14
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky