DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini A Spectacular View into Kluane National Park in the Yukon

PBDawg

Reactions
Of all the flights that I took on my recent road trip to the Yukon, my favorite view was at the start and end of this particular video. That view looks into Kluane (kloo-AH-nee) National Park. In keeping with Canadian regulations, flight operations were entirely outside of the park boundaries. The flight itself was also outside of the park, though I think it would have been legal to enter the airspace over the park. Anyway, I hope that you enjoy the video.

Oh, and here is the location in Google Maps: 60°37'40.8"N 137°17'20.4"W

Last edited:
yes, very beatyful area, but: just a couple of tipps: Most of the shots are wide shots and the pannings are too fast! You should shoot different image details as for example: wideshots, mid shots, medium long shots, and close up shots. Then in the editing you make a good mix between the different shots, that will make your video more interesting to watch! A panning shot should be very smooth and slow, that looks way better! If you fly backwards it´s better, because you reveal new details. If you fly forwards it look more boring, because one can already see all the details in the image and there is nothing new to discover.
Only my two cents ;)
sorry if my english is not perfect, I am a german speaking Swissman:rolleyes:

cheers Paul and happy flying!

A delightful video! AND(!) so nice to hear the sound track you chose. It was a refreshing change from the usual tracks we choose to accompany our videos. Just one thought on your video that you might consider: when there’s nothing in the sky of visual importance, sometimes it enhances the overall effect to keep the camera pointed a bit lower. That would accentuate the sense of depth, leading the eyes from the foreground back to the mountains. This is only a suggestion. Your video is stunning! Thanks for sharing it!

yes, very beatyful area, but: just a couple of tipps: Most of the shots are wide shots and the pannings are too fast! You should shoot different image details as for example: wideshots, mid shots, medium long shots, and close up shots. Then in the editing you make a good mix between the different shots, that will make your video more interesting to watch! A panning shot should be very smooth and slow, that looks way better! If you fly backwards it´s better, because you reveal new details. If you fly forwards it look more boring, because one can already see all the details in the image and there is nothing new to discover.
Only my two cents ;)
sorry if my english is not perfect, I am a german speaking Swissman:rolleyes:

cheers Paul and happy flying!
Thank you Paul. I do need to work on my panning - it can be hard to control the Mini with the short joysticks, but I am working on it. I'm sure that I would have had a better variety of shots if I had the luxury of making repeated flights at the same location. I could then make an initial flight, review the video, and decide which areas to revisit and where to take the wide, medium and close shots and which movements to make. I do like you suggestion about flying backwards and will try to keep it in mind.

A delightful video! AND(!) so nice to hear the sound track you chose. It was a refreshing change from the usual tracks we choose to accompany our videos. Just one thought on your video that you might consider: when there’s nothing in the sky of visual importance, sometimes it enhances the overall effect to keep the camera pointed a bit lower. That would accentuate the sense of depth, leading the eyes from the foreground back to the mountains. This is only a suggestion. Your video is stunning! Thanks for sharing it!
Thanks for the suggestion Topwind.

Thank you Paul. I do need to work on my panning - it can be hard to control the Mini with the short joysticks, but I am working on it. I'm sure that I would have had a better variety of shots if I had the luxury of making repeated flights at the same location. I could then make an initial flight, review the video, and decide which areas to revisit and where to take the wide, medium and close shots and which movements to make. I do like you suggestion about flying backwards and will try to keep it in mind.
Hi Phil,
glad to read that you appreciate my comments, thanks :) Of course is it alway better, when there is the opportunity to shoot during different days and moreover it´s also a matter of excercise! No one is borne a master;)
I am sure that your next video will be betterThumbswayup I´m looking forward to see it!
cheers Paul

Hi Phil,
glad to read that you appreciate my comments, thanks :) Of course is it alway better, when there is the opportunity to shoot during different days and moreover it´s also a matter of excercise! No one is borne a master;)
I am sure that your next video will be betterThumbswayup I´m looking forward to see it!
cheers Paul
I wouldn't count on my next video being better. My next three or four videos will be more video that I previously shot on my trip to the Yukon. You might see improvement in my future videos after I have posted my last Yukon video.

I wouldn't count on my next video being better. My next three or four videos will be more video that I previously shot on my trip to the Yukon. You might see improvement in my future videos after I have posted my last Yukon video.
Little by littel you will become better Phil! the more practoce you have the better the videos! I am looking forward to your next video!
cheers Paul

Course corrections never work in any edit. Just fly straight forward/straight back and use gimbal tilt to create dramatic shots. Soften your gimbal and yaw/rudder responsiveness and practice long, gentle, deliberate turns with the lightest touch on the left stick.

Panos across the horizon don’t work well either, even when they’re slow. It’s ok for 1 or 2 short clips, but panos are better accomplished with combination moves like a gentle turn and gradual tilt up from below the horizon line, cut shortly after the horizon appears. Broad landscapes like Alaska are best revealed as a progressive realization. If you show the entire landscape in the beginning, all at once, you’ve taken all the mystery out of the edit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom