DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 A Spring Sunrise, Blackpool Tower, Lancashire, England - DJI AIR3 4K 60fps

Whatever the direction your future in drones is....you got this!
Thank you, honestly, comments like this do my self-confidence a lot of good :)

Reactions: Prop Wash
A day out yesterday for the traditional Good Friday Grey Arrows Blackpool Tower Sunrise meet-up!

An early start for the 545am sunrise, and a cold and windy day - thankfully not gusty though!

Some stunning footage captured, a good catchup with friends and a chance to meet some new fols too, and a sunrise flight that I am happy with - all done within VLOS and within the CAA Drone Code!

First and formost congratulation on yet another great video. Well done!!!
May I ask a few questions? Are you using any of the automated flight features like POI orbiting, waypoints, spotligt etc when creating these videos? Or is this all manual flying and manual well coordinated controling of all movements of the drone and gimbal? With the 60fps I thought that given the fixed Mbs recording band width, spreading the bits into more frames per second would actually decrease the image quality. Your video looks stunning though so obviously this is a non issue?
Thank you in advance.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
First and formost congratulation on yet another great video. Well done!!!
May I ask a few questions? Are you using any of the automated flight features like POI orbiting, waypoints, spotligt etc when creating these videos? Or is this all manual flying and manual well coordinated controling of all movements of the drone and gimbal? With the 60fps I thought that given the fixed Mbs recording band width, spreading the bits into more frames per second would actually decrease the image quality. Your video looks stunning though so obviously this is a non issue?
Thank you in advance.
Thank you Filmarik for the comment...

I rarely use POI anymore, I much prefer flying manually, it allows me greater freedom to keep the subject in the centre and there is no crabbing when orbiting behind a structure, POI is good, but it has its limitations, and given the high wind warnings I felt it better to keep it manual, which worked well enough... The gimbal up move while orbiting meant using 3 controls at once, flying sideways and yawing to the opposite direction and then a slow and steady gimbal up and down... I did this by nailing the flying first, then moving the gimbal up and down several times, so I ended up with about 4 different gimbal move orbits and chose the ones that I liked...

Never had an issue with quality in 60fos, to be honest, and on the AIR3 I tend to record at that rate all the time - I haven't flown it at night yet though, so may change it if I ever am in a position to fly the AIR3 at night - I usually fly the MINI3 Pro at night due to proximity to people and buildings... I first tried 60fps after a sunrise shoot at the Humber Bridge, where I could see the jumpiness of the 30fps on a fast-flying bird, so set it to 60fps and haven't looked back since...

Hope this helps...

Thank you Filmarik for the comment...

I rarely use POI anymore, I much prefer flying manually, it allows me greater freedom to keep the subject in the centre and there is no crabbing when orbiting behind a structure, POI is good, but it has its limitations, and given the high wind warnings I felt it better to keep it manual, which worked well enough... The gimbal up move while orbiting meant using 3 controls at once, flying sideways and yawing to the opposite direction and then a slow and steady gimbal up and down... I did this by nailing the flying first, then moving the gimbal up and down several times, so I ended up with about 4 different gimbal move orbits and chose the ones that I liked...

Never had an issue with quality in 60fos, to be honest, and on the AIR3 I tend to record at that rate all the time - I haven't flown it at night yet though, so may change it if I ever am in a position to fly the AIR3 at night - I usually fly the MINI3 Pro at night due to proximity to people and buildings... I first tried 60fps after a sunrise shoot at the Humber Bridge, where I could see the jumpiness of the 30fps on a fast-flying bird, so set it to 60fps and haven't looked back since...

Hope this helps...
Thank you very much. In that case I have to say that the coordination of your manual controlls is excellent!! The footage looks perfectly smooth and fluid 👍

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Thank you very much. In that case I have to say that the coordination of your manual controlls is excellent!! The footage looks perfectly smooth and fluid 👍
Thank you kindly :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J