DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Platinum A sunny day - Nürburgring

Jatekman

Reactions
Dear all, me and my racemate Manuel had a great sunny day on the famous racetrack Nürburgring/Germany (this year a Formula 1 race will be there on the short track) driving with our cars the beautiful 21 km track with 74 curves.
The track is very challenging, Sir Jackie Stewart said about the Nürburgring "It's a green hell".
Lean back and enjoy the show and the driving!

Ciao Rob

Than you Paul for your feedback!

Ciao Rob

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Ciao Rob

Glad to gives you the happy memories back, the car looks extremely nice.
Can you please tell me more about your experience in that times on the Nürburgring?

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Ciao Rob

Hi Robert,

First let me congratulate you on making an excellent video of 'The 'Ring', the aerial perspective helps enormously.
Back in '68 I was enjoying racing a variety of Clubmans cars such as Lotus 7s, Mallock U2s and Chevrons
Croft First Clubman's Race Circa 1965.JPG
with a modicum of success when a close friend, Trevor Twaites asked if I would like to codrive his new Chevron B.8 BMW in Germany, I did not need asking twice!
As the 1,000km is a 6 hour race, two drivers are required with Trevor taking the first 2 hours and me the second stint with Trevor the final one.

George@Nurburg.68, 300_NEW.jpg

We were both mindful of the fearsome reputation of the 'ring' and consequently drove well within our limits but had a hugely enjoyable experience. Unfortunately, Trevor suffered a blown engine in the final few laps and we had a dnf.
We had an entry for Spa in Belgium, again a 1,000km race, the following weekend and although I practiced in my road car, the Chevron was stuck in Munich at the BMW works.

A fantastic memory and many thanks Robert for bringing it all back with your film.

Best wishes, George Duncan.

Reactions: Jatekman
Hello George, thank you very much for the interesting story and the amazing pictures.
You were a real racer and at that times I guess the Ring was much more dangerous than today, there were no or less side rails and the cars were not so safe than today.
Driving 2 hours at a stretch on the Ring is hard and dangerous work - respect for that.

Spa is also a beautiful racing track, more safer and easier to drive like the Ring also in a beautiful environment, I was there for Public Driving and made videos about.

Thanx again for your answer and if you like watch more videos about the Ring and Spa, please check my YouTube channel - search for Robert Tatar.

Kind regards
Ciao Rob

Thank you very much for your words, yeah it's a disaster with many victims, absolut horrible.
We had a little water in
the cellar, no problem.
At the end you have your home and your life and the lifes of the loved one

Ciao Rob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica