DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A surprise package!

cheddar-man

Reactions
I bought a Mini SE from a company and of course when it arrived I activated it and tested it.
A couple of days later I received a Mini 2 from my family - they didn't know I'd already bought the SE - so of course I wanted to return the SE but the company wouldn't take it back as it had been activated! They said it was a DJI policy. Don't know how one is expected to make sure a thing works if you don't try it 🥴

Any how, I contacted DJI in case the could help, but they couldn't, and apologised to me.

Yesterday a package arrived, which I hadn't ordered, and it was a set of prop guards with the compliments of DJI as they couldn't help me🤣🤣🤣

They're beautifully made, very quick and easy to install but they do take the take-off weight up to 290gm! Indoor practice me thinks.

Thank you DJI.

IMG_9548.jpg

I bought a Mini SE from a company and of course when it arrived I activated it and tested it.
A couple of days later I received a Mini 2 from my family - they didn't know I'd already bought the SE - so of course I wanted to return the SE but the company wouldn't take it back as it had been activated! They said it was a DJI policy. Don't know how one is expected to make sure a thing works if you don't try it 🥴

Any how, I contacted DJI in case the could help, but they couldn't, and apologised to me.

Yesterday a package arrived, which I hadn't ordered, and it was a set of prop guards with the compliments of DJI as they couldn't help me🤣🤣🤣

They're beautifully made, very quick and easy to install but they do take the take-off weight up to 290gm! Indoor practice me thinks.

Thank you DJI.

View attachment 143983
I suppose you could get some money back by selling it privately with the prop guards

The prop guards do great flying inside for bouncing off walls
and such but found that boring after a while. So they just sit on a shelf now 😀

Reactions: NG Wildman

Thank you DJI.

View attachment 143983
They look neat and yes.. Jar Jar me thinks it ok to fly in the house too but outside once we lift off we usually take it straight up in alt. and there is nothing we can bump into and like the other user said it take it to 290g which defeats the purpose of getting a mini 2 in the first place meaning if your going to fly over the limit then your better off with a Mavic 2 or 3 if your going to go over the 250g and like the other user said ur prolly going to take these off and it will collect dust on the shelf, but it does look cool... now if your going to fly low like head high and fly it thru or near bushes and solid objects to make a cool video.. then these would work awesome.

Just a freebee from DJI is all I'm saying. I doubt they'll ever be used except possibly when letting the kids down the road fly it!!

That was nice of them.
When I get time, I have to send them my fly-away info from last Spring and maybe they will be helpful. I am hoping to get some time next week to find the info in my phone (which I have recently found after having replacing it)