DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 A tongue in cheek look at Alaska's "Forests"

Nice video! Just wondering, at 0.40 I can see the grid on the screen. Is that part a screen recording or something new that you can do?

NIce. Were the stands of dead trees killed by fire?

That descending shot of the bare white trunks among the green low growth was particularly nice.

Nice video! Just wondering, at 0.40 I can see the grid on the screen. Is that part a screen recording or something new that you can do?
Looks like the Goggles (screen) recording since this is DJI Avata; the grids are one of the options for flying FPV.

That was part of a screen recording that I threw in for fun. You can see the DJI screen info at the bottom. The lines are the option you have to add overlays on your drone screen.

NIce. Were the stands of dead trees killed by fire?

That descending shot of the bare white trunks among the green low growth was particularly nice.
thanks. I like flying through stuff but it is stressful. My age and hips would not allow me to even try to walk through the snow for more than 30 or 40 feet so if my drone goes down any distance it's a write off...but I do have insurance so I just fly....

thanks. I like flying through stuff but it is stressful. My age and hips would not allow me to even try to walk through the snow for more than 30 or 40 feet so if my drone goes down any distance it's a write off...but I do have insurance so I just fly....
Don't forget for your Avata:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So, about the 'forests' is the sparse growth the result of poor soil, the cold or will the coniferous trees eventually fill in. I doubt the birch (or whatever the white barked trees are) are going to live very long. Thanks for posting. Your videos are always well done and instructional.

I agree, your videos are interesting and show the rest of us what it’s like up there. I was impressed with how well the camera handled flying briefly toward the sun near the beginning.

That is some cold place but very beautiful. Great little film. We have one silver birch tree next door-you have 1 million and 1 where you are!

Don't forget for your Avata:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I'm aware of turtle mode but appreciate the reminder. I had a friend crash his avata in the desert. He was wearing flip flops for pete sake and he used turtle mode to pop it right over! I doubt it would work in the snow...but yeah...potentially a really useful thing and quite the great idea that somebody thankfully had in the "let's think differently" category.

Reactions: mavic3usa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Weepo67