DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A very simple question from a newbie.

From another "Old" guy and 30-year former helicopter pilot. Good for you. Preserve our history. Post your site so we can enjoy.
Thank you for the encouragement @elmosfire. I set up a business over 50 years ago carrying out work for farmers. Ploughing, haymaking, combining etc.and eventually got to farm my own place. But in running my business I worked very intensively in my local area. There are fields that I have been in over 100 times doing different jobs for customers who made use of my services until they retired or ceased farming.

But I have also seen a huge change in the villages, the inhabitants, and the general way of rural life. I have witnessed some very humorous things, also a few very tragic things, I know where a lot of springs, wells, and all that sort of thing are, and there used to be lots of unique characters who could brighten up anyone's day.. And for some bizarre reason, probably vanity if truth be told, I want to record some of that information so that others who come after me can see how things used to be.

I know that we can't go back in time but we can record it and I am certain that a drone will help me do this. The one thing that I haven't achieved in life was to be able to fly. I envy you as a former helicopter pilot. For many years my Wife would get me up in the sky for my Birthdays. Glider, single engined monoplane, balloon, microlight, etc. But I never made it to PPL level so maybe I am subconsciously thinking that a drone can fulfill the dream.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag