DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A walk in the Sky

RTKD

Reactions
Footage from Vermont, Costa Rica and Florida. This was an exercise in DaVinci Resolve for me. I played with color a lot, and obviously blew it way out just for fun in a few spots, but maybe not the spots you'd think. The raw footage of Miami at night for example was purple right out of the camera . Great color control overall, I'd recommend DaVinci to any pilots to do color correction in post.

Music is Walk in the Sky by Bonobo

Enjoy, and Please leave a comment!

Nice. But I needed Dramamine.
That's hilarious! I got motion sick as a kid, now I can't get enough of this stuff. Walk in the sky was easy, I did an edit last week with backwards loop-d-loops... Not for the faint of heart :)

Reactions: sonof40
Such imaginative footage! I cant for the life of me understand how you are able to brain map where all the obstacles and avoid them when flying backward? Most cant even avoid them when flying forward.

Nice choices in editing , color grading, and post processing.

You are really dancing with the trees !

Reactions: RTKD
Such imaginative footage! I cant for the life of me understand how you are able to brain map where all the obstacles and avoid them when flying backward? Most cant even avoid them when flying forward.

Nice choices in editing , color grading, and post processing.

You are really dancing with the trees !

Thank you! I wish I was that good at flying backwards, but the truth is I just reverse the footage when I'm editing. Sometimes it makes for a more interesting reveal.

Thanks for watching!

So very interesting. Is that you in some of the footage wearing goggles to control the flight. I would be interested in some of the technical aspects on how you shot certain scenes.

So very interesting. Is that you in some of the footage wearing goggles to control the flight. I would be interested in some of the technical aspects on how you shot certain scenes.

Absolutely, those scenes were shot with my hand built FPV drone. Those are my first person goggles you see, and that drone allows me to go upside down, and fly through the trees with confidence. I did build that drone, but now you can buy very good models that are ready to bind to a controller and a set of goggles, and fly like a dream right off the shelf. My next fully built purchase would be the HGLRC Mefisto but a new king of the market comes out every 6 months.

To fly that you would need a controller, a set of FPV goggles, and then some batteries and a charger.

FPV dones (in Acrobatic mode as I'm using it) do not have auto-level, RTH, or any safety systems. They can however be fixed right out in the field, so you can go from a horrible crash to back up in the air the same day. They're difficult to learn, but very exciting and rewarding with experience.

This video starts out in goggles, so you can see the props and everything I see when I fly, then it switches to the GoPro that I have strapped to the top. Lots of great crashes!

freegifmaker.me_2dwTM.gif

Reactions: JDawg
Footage from Vermont, Costa Rica and Florida. This was an exercise in DaVinci Resolve for me. I played with color a lot, and obviously blew it way out just for fun in a few spots, but maybe not the spots you'd think. The raw footage of Miami at night for example was purple right out of the camera . Great color control overall, I'd recommend DaVinci to any pilots to do color correction in post.

Music is Walk in the Sky by Bonobo

Enjoy, and Please leave a comment!
Wow you people do amazing work, fun to watch

Reactions: RTKD and JDawg
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member