DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s A Week in Wildwood

dronertv

Reactions
Site
droner.tv
My family and I were on vacation last week. I spent a lot of time flying my drone. Here are some of the views.

Attachments

• DJI_0176-Edit.jpg
    DJI_0176-Edit.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 27
  • DJI_0188-Edit.jpg
    DJI_0188-Edit.jpg
    9.5 MB · Views: 25
  • DJI_0189-Edit.jpg
    DJI_0189-Edit.jpg
    9.3 MB · Views: 21
  • DJI_0082.jpg
    DJI_0082.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 21
  • DJI_0086-Enhanced-Edit.jpg
    DJI_0086-Enhanced-Edit.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
  • DJI_0138-Edit.jpg
    DJI_0138-Edit.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
  • DJI_0182-Edit.jpg
    DJI_0182-Edit.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 27
This was a great video but my question is this. Isn’t this illegal.
Anything in particular that you thought was illegal?

I never flew over people. The clips that were most top-down were still angled. An example is the top down over the beach. I was flying over the dunes from the back of the beach. The dunes are off-limits for people. Yes, there were probably more people around than in most videos I have produced, but I was careful not to fly over. Many of the clips I am literally standing under the drone - especially the night ones.

I always stayed below 400 ft and maintained line of sight.

This was a great video but my question is this. Isn’t this illegal.
I don’t know about Wildwood, but we were recently in Ocean City, MD and you basically can’t fly in the city limits. I never took my drone out. Nice video though. I wouldn’t post it publicly until you confirm it is totally legal. JMO. Best wishes!

Last edited:
I just Googled “Wildwood drone laws” and the following came up…
“This city ordinance prohibits the use of drones in public airspace under 400 feet. This city ordinance prohibits drones from taking off or landing on any government or public buildings, operating under 400 feet around any of these buildings or operating in any city parks or property is prohibited.”

As long as you are within these and FAA parameters, you’re good to go. Nice video in either event.

I just Googled “Wildwood drone laws” and the following came up…
“This city ordinance prohibits the use of drones in public airspace under 400 feet. This city ordinance prohibits drones from taking off or landing on any government or public buildings, operating under 400 feet around any of these buildings or operating in any city parks or property is prohibited.”

As long as you are within these and FAA parameters, you’re good to go. Nice video in either event.
I have flown many times on trips there and even done some professional work there. If you click on the link in the google search results, Wildwood is not listed on the page anywhere. I am not sure why it is showing in Google search results.

I got confronted by police while flying the drone last year, but it had nothing to do with the drone. They came up to me because I was on the beach after 10pm (it was like 10:05). I told them I had to land the drone and would go back to the boardwalk.

I did see a few other drones flying illegally on my last trip. One was flying during TFR for Biden staying at Rehoboth. Wildwood is just within the 30-mile boundary. Another drone I saw flying directly over the amusement park. Ugh.

I have flown many times on trips there and even done some professional work there. If you click on the link in the google search results, Wildwood is not listed on the page anywhere. I am not sure why it is showing in Google search results.

I got confronted by police while flying the drone last year, but it had nothing to do with the drone. They came up to me because I was on the beach after 10pm (it was like 10:05). I told them I had to land the drone and would go back to the boardwalk.

I did see a few other drones flying illegally on my last trip. One was flying during TFR for Biden staying at Rehoboth. Wildwood is just within the 30-mile boundary. Another drone I saw flying directly over the amusement park. Ugh.
Dronertv also does a great job above with the above and clearly having a plan, such as staying under the limit, flying over the dunes (protected so no people allowed to be there) and angles to get the right shot. Great job. Looks awesome.

Reactions: dronertv
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones